Offline Spotted Dog

Re: Ow
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 08:17:03 pm »
I was on a 12' ladder when it kicked. Had enough since to hold on. :o
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 11:26:06 pm »
Glad to hear you may recover full use.  I once cut 95% of the tendon that straightens up the bent thumb.  I was pretty wigged out for a while, but then decided to let it go.  It would heal or not heal, like the doc said.  It healed.

As for shaman scars on the chest.  I once blocked our great horned owl into her jump box so she could not bounce out.  I was late rigging the birds for a school program and was not allowing her to take her time climbing up on glove.  She lept up, hit me in the man-boobs with both fully extended sets of talons.  Luckily she only was bluffing and bounced off without gripping down.  Had she gripped, I would have an impressive set of Sun Dance scars!!!  (She lives the saying "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on MY part.)
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline bubby

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 08:39:43 am »
A kevlar glove like used in carving, the higher grade is a good option to prevent most of these type of injuries
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline StevenT

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2015, 01:25:47 pm »
Bubby, I never heard of Kevlar gloves, but I'm all for anything that will prevent an injury like these. Looked them up on Amazon and see a bunch of different ones and they aren't that expensive. I'm wondering what style works best. What brand glove do you use?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 07:08:23 pm »
I've tried Cut Gloves, they tend to let small flakes fall between the weave. My palm had small Obsidian flakes slicing away when I took them off.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 10:23:34 pm »
Always worried about that... Never trusted gloves but I have a pair now. Keeps the shards out of my stitches
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.