Author Topic: Flint knapping demonstration at museum in Alto, TX  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Chippintuff

Flint knapping demonstration at museum in Alto, TX
« on: October 23, 2015, 10:53:15 am »
Tomorrow I am scheduled to do a flint knapping demonstration at the Native American museum a few miles SW of Alto, TX on HWY. 7. The hours will be 10:00 AM till 3:00 PM. Hard rain is predicted for tomorrow, so there is no telling how it will go. If any of you are interested in knapping, come and join in. The pavilion has been dedicated to museum displays, but they will have a tent set up for knapping. Wish me luck or come and join in.

WA

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Flint knapping demonstration at museum in Alto, TX
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:11:23 am »
Have fun!

Offline Chippintuff

Re: Flint knapping demonstration at museum in Alto, TX
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 11:44:57 pm »
I got the highway wrong. It is Hwy 21, not 7.

It was a good event. The rain held off till about 30 min. before closing time, and the turnout was good. A lot of people spent some time at my station watching and asking questions, and I gave a lot of points away, especially to the boys. I didn't get any photos though. Maybe next time. They made this event a little more involved than the one in the spring having a lot of people in period dress and telling and demonstrating many facets of life in the pioneer days and Native American cultures. Maybe I inspired a new knapper.

WA