Author Topic: Bamboo-Purpleheart-Cumaru-Massaranduba ELB Stylish Bow from Finland  (Read 8265 times)

Offline Lehtis

Re: Bamboo-Purpleheart-Cumaru-Massaranduba ELB Stylish Bow from Finland
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 03:48:38 am »
My muscles are learning to enjoy and master the power of this 83-pounder: 244 by 60 arrows from 20 yards according to IFAA´s rules on 40 cm indoor target faces. Two practice rounds and then 30 on upper target and another 30 on lower.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 04:19:02 am »
I missed this one some how, man that is a beauty and looks like you are shooting it well. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 08:55:43 am »
Way to go....Beautiful bow and craftsmanship.You should be getting a bulldog of the month certificate for finishing that one.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2015, 09:47:35 am »
Old Howard Hill used to shoot those 80 to 90 pound bows regularly.I know I can feel the difference the next day shooting a 58# bow instead of a 52# bow.Do you make your own arrows too.Very nice job on those too.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Drewster

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 12:44:28 pm »
Have to give you and "A" for persistence.......and what a fine bow you ended up with too.  Congrats!  Very nice work.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline loon

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 01:43:44 am »
I wanna shoot as well as that one day

Really nice bow too

Offline Tuomo

• Puujousi
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 02:02:44 am »
Yes, the bow is very nice as well as shooting! Lehtis is IFAA Indoor world champion 2015 in Historical bow -class and he has also won national championship many, many times. The current IFAA indoor world record in Historical bow -class is 247 point (out of 300), which is almost unbreakable. The record was shot by a Finnish guy… So, that 244 points is very good result – but not the best Lehtis has shot! By the way, he has also shot the national record in American round too. And in IFAA Hunter and Animal rounds also… I think that Lehtis is at present one of the best historical bow shooter in the world. World class results with that kind of monster bows!

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 04:11:41 am »
Thank you, Tuomo, for your kind words. As a Finn it´s difficult to receive something like that.

Beadman; usually I do use self made arrows, or the shafts are commercially available Port Oxford Cedar, but I do check the spine and weight. These arrows in the last picture are pine with some tropical hardwood front. I bought the feathered shafts w/o points from a bowhunter for who these were too stiff. I replaced the screaming yellow feathers to black and gray and glued on 125 gr points. Good for indoors but too heavy for long distances outdoors.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 07:04:05 am »
You'll get the respect here Lehtis.Don't worry about that,and then some things you may not want to hear.....lol.What weight arrows are you target shooting then?
BowEd
Ed

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 08:00:02 am »
I have been using 11/32" cedar shafts, cut to ca. 30", 125 gr points and 5" feathers. They weigh ca. 35-36 g (540-560 gr) and according to my bows they are spined either a bit over 60 or 65 lbs. Due to some extra length they´ll stabilize quite nicely after release and excuse tiny mistakes better than just-to-draw-length-cut shafts. I´m soon going to test 11/32" spruce shafts tapered to 5/16 at the nock end. They should be more stable than parallel shafts.

Those in the last pic are barreled, rather heavy line breakers for indoor shooting and I´ve been shooting with them only few times. They are far too heavy, 40-41 g (ca. 625 gr) for outdoors and long distances. Would work well at hunting distances.