Author Topic: this morning's work pretty preforms  (Read 3518 times)

Offline iowabow

this morning's work pretty preforms
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:25 pm »
Ok I like preforms and I learned something new today about flakes passing center during paloflaking. This is advance, advance, stuff or maybe I am just a slow learner. But once you're done you're done. The convex , hollow ground surface presents an upward obstacle to center passing flakes or extra mass can as well cause this. I have seen a solution with an Anvil stone and now believe this to not be the solution....just a thought and I need a couple more preforms to have a working theory for everyone. But I think I have just about solved it. What this could mean is no more rounding off the otherside of nice preforms that cause us to always reshape
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline iowabow

Re: this morning's work pretty preforms
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 03:30:39 pm »
What I am going to have to show you is a preform with pencil lines so you can seen the problem and the overshot edge. Then identify the same circumstances in another preform and present the solution. And remove the flake pass center without the overshot issue

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 03:35:53 pm »
This will allow me to crystal ball the outcome and predict when to counter a potential issue. The purpose is to prevent overshot and promote thinning by increasing the ratio of width to thickness.

Offline bowmo

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 12:49:18 am »
A never ending supply of the same material...talk about practice........