Author Topic: 19th Tennessee Classic  (Read 80541 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 19th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 07:41:13 am »
Just come down on Saturday's and hang out, see if you really like us and we will see if we really like you. ;) :) :) If all goes well /after you understand what we expect and still want to become a member then we have a vote/you pay your dues and that's it. It takes a lot of work  to keep things going especially in the Spring and Summer and some just don't have the time or make the time and this isn't there main interest, We don't expect anyone to not have other hobby's and interest but we do expect TwinOaks to come first after God/Job and Family. :) We are always looking for good solid new members. ;) We do have a max membership of 25 but have lost a few in the last year or 2 and have some openings. Come any time and get to know the guys and we will go from there. I am there most every Friday evening afternoon and Saturday all day.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline RyanY

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 09:09:17 am »
Just checked my school schedule and it looks like the Classic falls on my week of spring break! Couldn't be more excited!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 10:02:05 am »
It'll be good to see you there, Ryan!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 03:58:24 am »
That is great news Ryan, we may need a Doc. you never know. ;) ;D ;D
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 05:38:11 pm »
Sweet Ryan!
be good to see ya
Glad you are gonna  get some time to play!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline raghorns

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2016, 07:31:03 pm »
I missed last year, but won't miss this year! Can't wait...hope to be there a little early. Lyle
Live Life at Full Draw

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 08:29:08 pm »
I'm thinking of making this the family spring camping trip this year. I have a couple questions though. Is this event a good one to bring the whole family to? My girls are 8 and 10 and both shoot to some degree and are at home in the woods. It would be perfect if there were others around that age.  We usually base our trips around fishing. I don't suppose there's someplace close by to toss a few lines? One last inquiry, are there ample trees in the camping area? I'm a hammock guy. I don't even need level ground just a couple trees 7'-10' apart. The wife and kids will need a flat spot for their tent though. 

Also if I do end up making the trip, do you guys need any signs, banners, decals, or vanity license plates made up? I'd be more than happy to do so. Even if I don't come down I could mail whatever you might need.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 10:29:35 pm »
We're talking about it already at our house and making plans. Deciding on attending or not is a no-brainer here, this is a can't miss annual event for us now. :)
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2016, 04:17:36 am »
Yes it is a good place for kids, we usually have a bunch and they all seem to find each other. Plenty of trees for you and I am sure we can find a flat spot for the tent. Not sure on fishing, the Cumberland river is close but nothing right at the farm. Ky and lake Barkley is about 70 miles west. Hope you can make it, I feel sure you will enjoy. Greg looking forward to seeing yall again. Working on a wood pile already. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2016, 12:06:19 pm »
I'm thinking of making this the family spring camping trip this year. I have a couple questions though. Is this event a good one to bring the whole family to? My girls are 8 and 10 and both shoot to some degree and are at home in the woods. It would be perfect if there were others around that age.  We usually base our trips around fishing. I don't suppose there's someplace close by to toss a few lines? One last inquiry, are there ample trees in the camping area? I'm a hammock guy. I don't even need level ground just a couple trees 7'-10' apart. The wife and kids will need a flat spot for their tent though. 

Also if I do end up making the trip, do you guys need any signs, banners, decals, or vanity license plates made up? I'd be more than happy to do so. Even if I don't come down I could mail whatever you might need.

I went last year and it was my first year so I didn't know what to expect. EVERYONE there is incredibly nice and helpful. There was plenty of room for camping (provided you don't show up Thursday night : ) ) and there were a lot of kids around.

My camp neighbor had a hammock set up and I plan to bring mine this year in addition to my tent (just in case the rain gets bad or we're still in some winter weather (last year the temps dropped to the ~30 range at night)

There's not much fishing close by, and once everyone gets settled in (usually about Wednesday) getting cars in and out can be a bit of a tight squeeze but honestly if you're entering the selfbow challenge you're not going to have time to fish with all of the bow making to be done! Also there's no shortage of stuff to do from the flint knapping to the bow and arrow crafting to just checking out the vendor tents and meeting your neighbors for the week.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 03:38:53 am »
Glad you enjoyed it, yes there is always something to do or watch.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 09:10:48 am »
If you don't enjoy yourself at the classic, its your own fault.  ;)

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2016, 08:26:19 am »
If you don't enjoy yourself at the classic, its your own fault.  ;)

Amen to that Pat
two of my brothers came last year and they are not even into archery but both are talking about  going this year!
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 10:17:57 am »
It was great meeting some of you family last year Guy, I will say they were much better looking than you, what happened. ??? ;) :) I am really looking forward to it again, got even more talking about coming in early so the early part of the week should be a hoot, I love that time before I get to wrapped up with stuff to do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2016, 10:24:35 am »
Pappy, I would like to reserve a time early in the week to shoot a round of targets with you.  We never did get the chance last year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left