Author Topic: 19th Tennessee Classic  (Read 81820 times)

Offline Knapper

• David Atnip
Re: 19th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2016, 10:24:14 am »
Made it back to Oklahoma in one piece. A big thank you to Pappy and all the Twin Oaks crew. Had a blast knapping and seeing everyone. Cant wait till next year!
Knapper
Ad Dare Servire
PM104250

Offline RT

« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2016, 10:29:13 am »
A Big thank you to Pappy and all the organizing crews of Twin Oaks who made this event possible. I really enjoyed every minute of this shoots especially talking to those who are making the selves bows.
The depth of knowledge I have learned by just talking to these friendly helful folks in just 7 days will take me 7 years in order to aquire these valuable knowledge.
Well in these short 7 days I have made new friends.

May God Bless you all ! ;D
Skype ID:       robinpmtan
Yahoo chat ID : robt188

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:16 am »
Robin, it was great to meet you. I doubt anyone will beat or even meet the distance you traveled to get to the Classic. Singapore has to be about as far as you can get from Chapmansboro, Tennessee but our minds all travel in the same universe. Enjoy the rest of your stay in the US and don't let that red neck(can't remember your word for it) James adversely influence you.  ;)
 Have a safe trip home.
 If you decide to write an article for Primitive Archer Magazine contact Ed@primitivearcher.com
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2016, 11:32:18 am »
The past week at Twin Oaks was an incredible experience.  We had a great group of guys in our camp with more food than we could eat.  I spent the evenings in the bow shop and got a lot of work done on my trade bow and other projects.  I put some more faces to PA names.  I enjoyed talking to Robin and seeing him experience the magic of the Classic.  I didn't get to shoot as much as I wanted to.  I was having to much fun.  Thanks to Pappy and the rest of the orange shirt crew for all of the hard work that you do for us.  I managed to get a few pictures of the fun.

Greg cooking some midnight steaks on my first night there. 

Pappy and his new pup.  I got to hear her howling for the first time.

Bear strained his shoulder from to many 12 oz. curls.  Dr. Ryoon was assessing the damage.

The rock cooking experiment didn't go as well as they had hoped.  I'd like to suggest some suspenders or longer shirts for next year.

James Parker sneaking a peak

Some of Scott's knapped blades.

James Parker busting up the toilet for the thunder chert challenge.  They got a surprise when they lifted the lid.  I won't name the culprit but his initials are G. Sulfridge

Weewicki was a trooper on the range.  Here he is with a good group of arrows.

James Parkers son enjoyed the cupcakes Saturday night.  I think the boy takes after his daddy.

James Parker with me and the bamboo backed Ipe bow I got from him.  I was trying to win one of the awards but I didn't shoot good enough.

Chuck didn't win the holey stave in the raffle but he still managed to go home with it.  Things have a way of working out sometimes.

Gun Doc and Dr. Ryoon cleaning up a knapping injury.

This crew was having a good time Saturday night.  Whatever was in that gatorade bottle had Bear blowing some smoke.

A late night in the bow shop with a good group of guys.  Truckers sure do have some white legs.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #304 on: May 02, 2016, 11:41:58 am »
I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun this trip was to me, so many wonderful people, great food, and lots of laughs.  Thank you to all who were involved in putting this event together.  It certainly will not be my last visit.
I hardly got any work done over the 3 days I got to spend in TN, but I certainly did get plenty of opportunity to meet some really great people.  An experience I will never forget. 

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #305 on: May 02, 2016, 12:27:07 pm »
The spirit station, and the seven.......

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #306 on: May 02, 2016, 12:28:38 pm »
James Parker doing a demo, and the toilet bowl champion

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #307 on: May 02, 2016, 12:30:02 pm »
Points from 400 BC

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2016, 01:20:59 pm »
Had a great time out there this weekend.

I guess (aside from busted Osage bow that was done on purpose) I was the only one to blow up a bow so I get the trophy this year : )

Can't wait to finish my lam bow and started working on a damascus knife that I'll have finished up in a couple of weeks.

It was great seeing all of you again. The drive back to Nashville wasn't bad, but all of my stuff is still pretty soaked and with it raining here today it'll be a few days before I can air it out and clean it up.

Can't wait to be back up there. Hope it's sooner rather than later.

Offline HH~

« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »
Pappy
Great time again. Weather was way better than average. Gil M. loved shooting his bow we scratched out.

So,

What was the Self Bow results?. . . . .

Thanks My Friend

Shawn M.~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:20 pm »
What a great time! Here's a few of the images that'll be remembered for lonnnng lonnng time.

We are here!

New camping gear may be in our future.

When ya reach a certain age it becomes important to scope out location of all these.

THE HILL disappears around the curve. Trudging up was noticeably easier by end of week!

From bow-creating area.

Small selection of the cast of characters.

Cody & Davey hard at it.

Dave ... Dvshunter

Pat's native american figure. It had to be seen in 3d to fuly appreciate the artistry/craftsmanship.

Cint's Ramade II accomodations parked on prime real estate.

And, finally . . . . . for those of ya who know Dave's kids. They are not ALWAYS full of energy and excitement.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:19:36 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2016, 02:50:48 pm »
Great pictures everyone. Good to see some familiar faces that I know from Mojam like Dvshunter (where's the pencil Dave..?  ;) ) and his kids. Dr. Ryoon is another familiar face though the first time we met was many years back on his first trip to Mojam.
How come the young ones grow up and the rest of us just get old ?  ???

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2016, 05:10:43 pm »
It was another GOOD Classic.
Could only make it for Saturday.
Very good to see everone.  First time in 4 or five years that I made it.
That is a crying shame as it is only 178 miles up there.

Maybe I can talk the Wife into a Summertime weekend trip.

David
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:05:46 am by RidgeRunner »
David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2016, 07:14:35 pm »
I got there Monday at noon and stayed the week
Had a blast and made some new friends.

Thanks to ALL
Great time :)
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2016, 09:30:10 pm »
Great pictures guy's! I feel like I was almost there.

Knoll, where is the pics of Riley out shooting you?  >:D

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!