Author Topic: 19th Tennessee Classic  (Read 81029 times)

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
Re: 19th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2016, 08:18:01 am »
Since the end of hunting season, I've been osage bow blank mode.  Going to try to have at least a couple dozen.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2016, 11:18:32 pm »
11-year-old grandgirl has a bow started. Told her long ago that if she gets it completed by Classic time that I'd take her along this year. But she's not worked on it for couple months.

Yesterday I reminded her that it's just 2 months (exaggerated a bit) 'til Classic. Tick ... tock ... tick ... tock.

Today Rylie called, "Papa, may I come over tomorrow to work on my bow?"
Of course, she got an affirmative.
"Oh, Papa, can I also go with ya to your Thursday night weekly bow-building gathering too? I've got alot of catching up to do!"

I guess she REALLY wants to meet ya'll !!    :o
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2016, 04:02:46 am »
And we really want to meet her Knoll, we love our kids and usually have a lot of them, Matt you shouldn't have any trouble moving them that's for sure. I feel really bad that we won't have any Hickory[ I am sure someone will] but just had lots of issues this year and didn't get it done. :-[ I am sure there will be plenty of wood to go around but it is just much easier, especially for beginners to have it in blank form, easier on the folks that help also. I will say I would rather have a plane stave [not laid out]than one that has been roughed out in a manner with no rhyme or reason, them are the tough ones to lay out and get going in the right direction and we always get a few of them. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Josh B

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2016, 04:51:58 pm »
Any chance of you finding a spot for the ol Kenebago Pappy?  I'm hoping to get there no later than thursday morning, but it will depend on the loads of course.  Josh

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2016, 05:20:32 pm »
Did you see the driveway work they've done, Josh? They are expecting the Kenebago!   ;) You have reserved parking.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Stringman

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2016, 05:24:30 pm »
That's great news trucker! Bring your knappin tools, cause your gonna need em.

Offline Otis

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2016, 09:46:31 pm »
Bring your appetite too Josh.  You know we'll have something to nibble on.  Looking forward to seeing you again.  You too PatB. Matter of fact, looking forward to
seeing everyone!  I do enjoy my Twin Oaks time.

David

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2016, 09:47:45 pm »
Make sure you leave some room in that truck to take home some trade goods  ;)   Glad you are making it this year.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline cracker

« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2016, 10:34:10 pm »
Hey guys I really would like to be there but it aint happening this year this new crowd that owns my company is real tight and I have to stay right on top of things. Maybe it'll settle down in a year or two and I can make it back up. I have a trip through there coming up and maybe I can manipulate things so I can drop in or maybe spend a day during classic week.
Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2016, 08:22:00 am »
Man Cracker good to hear from you, Pat and I were just talking about you. Been using you branding iron a lot lately and think of you every time I do. Looking forward to seeing you again, you sure are missed. :) Josh you know you will have a spot, glad it is working out, love seeing all the folks looking when that big rig rolls off the hill. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2016, 08:26:04 am »
Great to see your name with a post, Cracker!  We've all been wondering about you.  Hope all is well.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2016, 06:59:12 pm »
All is good at the moment. I mean to keep it that way. Hope everyone has a wonderful classic if I can pull enough strings I may get to come visit. Cracker
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2016, 09:02:03 pm »
Ronnie sent you back a reply. Pappy, I'll be there early again this year. Can I request my usual spot? I'll have your cooking gear;-).
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2016, 09:51:42 pm »
Gettin purty anxious....really lookin forward to gettin back... I lost somethin this year and im purty sure i can find it at Twin Oaks 👍... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2016, 05:18:11 am »
Man that would be great Cracker, Matt has been taking up your slack and doing a great job , but nothing like Cracker and the Boil [MORE SALT PLEASE] By the way Cracker I have raised the roof in the archery shop so you can get under with them 8 foot bows you build. ;) :) :) I never forget. ;) Of course Eddie  ;) Brian looking forward to seeing you and I know it will help. :) Good friends and lot of Bull shooting always helps. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good