Author Topic: 19th Tennessee Classic  (Read 81012 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: 19th Tennessee Classic
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2016, 10:43:11 am »
Hope I get to see you at the Classic, Ronnie.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2016, 08:07:19 pm »
I'm super  use right now with the new house I'm working on, but I'm still hoping to get there again with the kids. They won't me go alone.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2016, 10:18:15 pm »
You too Dave.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2016, 10:33:53 am »
Thanks Pappy!   It'll be good to see everybody again!  Dave, my appetite is the only constant thing I have.  If I can bring anything specific  for the feast let me know, otherwise I'll just bring something that sounds good at the time I'm provisioning up.  Clint, looking forward to some trading.  I picked up a dead cholla last week so if they other one hasn't retted yet by then, I'll still have some you can use right away.  Josh

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2016, 03:59:54 am »
You bet Josh, be good to hear that old jake brake coming off the hill. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2016, 04:38:57 am »
This is beginning to come together, Miss Joanie and I worked on the vendor's list and looks like we are going to have a lot of good ones, got the T shirts picked out and ready to order /also going to have coffee cups and some pretty cool but different hats this year, We also got the plaques for the trophies ordered, lot of T's to cross and I's to dot but We are slowly checking them off. :) Just 2 months and closing fast.  ??? ;) :) Man where does time go. :-\
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2016, 08:48:51 am »
Dave .... hope you can get away from the house long enough to make the trek. Don't care much 'bout seeing you, but the kids are different matter!   ::)
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2016, 09:12:41 am »
Pappy, can you tell Miss Joanie to put me down for a shirt and hat.  Size XXL on the shirt.  Thanks.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2016, 04:05:13 am »
You got it Clint, Miss Joanie put you on her list Last evening, I told her Clint and she said you mean Osage Outlaw, O ya I like him a lot. Go figure. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2016, 09:03:12 pm »
It's starting to look like the family and I are gonna make it.  I'll be headed down on Tues or Wed. I may decide to travel at night to avoid traffic and the frequent rest stops children often require.

I read something above about a a Thursday night fry that may not happen? If I bring the yellow perch fillets, is there someplace to fry them? I could bring the turkey fryer, but that's just one more thing to pack. I should be able to wrangle up a few hundred. Someone else will have to provide the potatoes for fries though. ;)
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2016, 09:38:51 pm »
You got it Clint, Miss Joanie put you on her list Last evening, I told her Clint and she said you mean Osage Outlaw, O ya I like him a lot. Go figure. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

I guess I'm going to have to make something for her so I can stay on her good side. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2016, 04:39:19 am »
Not necessary but it is always a good move to stay on her good side, :) I have found that out the hard way more than once over the years. Yipps  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2016, 09:04:44 am »
Dakota Kid:  If you don't mind sharing some of that Yellow Perch, I (with a LOT of help) put on the Thursday night boil.  It would go real good in the "seafood: pot.   :)
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2016, 08:01:42 pm »
I don't mind sharing, but I'm concerned it wouldn't hold up in a pot with other ingredients. It's one of the lightest flakiest fishes I'm aware of. It may fall to pieces.  Beer battered/ breaded and deep fried is probably the best way to serve it IMO. Either way I'll bring as much as I can round up, which will be plenty. The more I go through now, the more my recently retired father will have to get the boat out this summer.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2016, 04:34:28 am »
I am sure we will figure something to do with it DK. Yep need to keep your Dad busy. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good