Author Topic: Ironmind System  (Read 3657 times)

Offline arachnid

Ironmind System
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:41:27 pm »
Hi guys.

Has anyone heard of Joel Turner`s "Ironmind System"?
Can you give some info about it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:33:46 pm by arachnid »

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Ironmind System
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »
Never heard of it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:02:34 am »
  I never seen his DVD but heard he has the target panic cured, for himself anyway...The Fear of missing and your mind/subconsciousness starts playing some bad tricks...I understand he has a system, the Ironmind...
                                                                                                                             Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Lee Lobbestael

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 02:59:33 pm »
Yes i use it most of the time. It involves a non anticipatory psycho trigger, for example a clicker. I don't want a clicker on my bow so I am in search of a good trigger that is more primitive friendly. The one I have used with some success most recently is to slowly curl the middle finger of my bow hand until it touches my bow handle. when it touches my bow handle I release. The idea is to have something that triggers your release other than your conscious mind so that you have a surprise release. Some of the different ones I have heard of are a broadhead on an arrow short enough so that it touches your knuckle at peak full draw, a kisser button on your bow string that touches your forehead at peak full draw, a clicker, and a arrow fletched in such a way that at peak full draw it touches your nose. I have tried all and each has its benefits and draw backs. I'm trying to find the perfect one for me.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:37 pm »
alot of very close practice has helped me more than anything

Offline TimBo

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »
The Joel Turner DVD was helpful to me, although the psychotrigger wasn't the permanent fix it seems to be for others.  The thought process is very valuable though.  For me, if I am in control of my thoughts and really focus on back pressure/lining up my arm behind me/full draw (all the same item in my mind if it is going well), things work.  If I think of other stuff, not so much.  I would say it's worth it to check out his system.

There is also an extensive thread on TradGang discussing the Turner method from what I remember.