Author Topic: Now Pat's mini Bowie knife  (Read 14023 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Now Pat's mini Bowie knife
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 01:35:55 am »
  Justin, I need one a bit smaller for that. ;D      Pat
I can make you one. Ill start making a machete and by the time I'm done grinding and trying to sharpen it, it will be microscopic.  :'(
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 01:42:04 am »
This is the finished pic. The flap was brought to the back like a belt loop and laced in place. I can attach this to my safety harness in a convenient area. I also added a neck lanyard. It is part of the original, incredibly fabulous Southern Community Bow string. ;D It developed a broken strand in the center where the arrow is nocked. I hate to throw anything away so I cut this to length and spliced the tag end so it can also used as a neck knife.  Dana, I also drilled a hole in the antler handle  :o and attached a leather thong. This makes it easier to remove the knife from the sheath.        Pat

ps. I made 2 new bow strings with wool string silencers for the Southern Community Bow.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 06:03:35 am »
Its your knife Pat, drill all the holes ya want in it ;D Looks good going to cut some more blanks out today while I'm here at work.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Dingleberry

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 10:48:01 am »
That's neat Pat.  Thanks for sharing your techniques and tools. Knife and sheath look great. :)

Dustybaer

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 02:06:07 pm »
great buildalong.  pat, are there any occupations or professions you haven't tried in your life?  >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 02:13:58 am »
...only jobs that pay well and have good benefits. ;D  A jack of all trades and master of none! 8)   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:38 pm »
Why does it not surprise me to find out you do leather work too, Pat. I've got a couple tools and guess i need to start trying to do some sort of sheaths, if I'm gonna keep doing knives - and I plan too, as long as the good lord is willing, that is. Nice little knife and sheath (actually, much nicer than just nice - LOL) .
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 11:33:17 pm »
That turned out real nice Pat, hmm - I need more knives :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:51 am »
Paul, we all need more knives. You just never know when you might need one...or12!!! ;D
Bernie, In a past life I was a sandal maker and leather smith. I should do more of it and you should give it a shot. Another therapy method! ;D Thanks guys.     Pat

Offline ber643

• Bernie Dunn's Home Page
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 10:36:42 am »
I understand well about those "past lives", Pat - got a few of them myself -  ;D
"Hunters Are People Too" (My website Premise)
Bernie Dunn
Coastal NC

Offline Little John

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29:38 am »
You are the man Pat. Nice work as usual.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 01:34:50 am »
Thanks Kenneth.    Ya'll thawed out yet?    Pat

bow kid44

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:22 pm »
hmm - I need more knives :).
we all do

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:23 pm »
very nicely done pat. Thanks for taking the pics along the way. Want to do something similar and work more leather.

Justin -
Pat could hide a machete in his beard. LOL.
later
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 05:38:26 am »
Very nice build along Pat ,very nice Knife also. :) Thats to cool.I need to make me another neck knife,I gave mine away in Cloverdale and really miss it.Never thought I would like one till I try it for a while,They kind of grow on you. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good