Author Topic: Bow case  (Read 2150 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Bow case
« on: January 14, 2016, 10:39:49 am »
Here's a bow case for a static bow.Two layers of canvas of 10 ounce canvas and one layer of a trade wool liner.Glued or laminated together with  product called tear mender.A latex glue for mending tears in canvas.Then sewn together.With the layers of of tear mender in there it's practically completely water proof too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Bow case
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:09:45 pm »
Thats a beauty Ed. 100% protection is always good. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:23:26 am »
Very nice. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:07 am »
Thanks fellas....I know sometimes I seem to coddle my bows too much,but a person has their favorites it seems so why not protect them.When I get a ride with friends to a 3D shoot we're going to everyone just tosses their bows in the back of the truck and we head out.They get bounced around on the ride to the event.Most of the others do shoot FG bows and throw theirs strung in there.
A little story here....One time a friend of mine stored his FG strung bow in the cab of his truck on a warm day.It was laminated of course.The smooth on epoxy glue used gave it up and was a mess.So keeping in mind conditions and situations are important.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 09:52:26 am »
There is a difference between coddling and protecting them Ed. One good ding can cause a splinter. I like that case a lot. Im a sucker for canvas and cotton duck!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

riverrat

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 03:54:01 pm »
thats nice.very well constructed. Tony

Offline helmet

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 09:04:30 pm »
Beadman, I wish I had a few of those! Very nice.