Author Topic: knife sheath for my daughter's first deer hunting adventure  (Read 6492 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: knife sheath for my daughter's first deer hunting adventure
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2015, 07:02:58 am »
Great stories for future Christmas gathers and family events, sounds like fun for all was had. Josh you're making their memories lasting and that knife a very special gift. Childhood is so short and as a Dad you're a 100%er. I really like hearing stories like this, be sure and tell us how it turns out. Merry Christmas from my family to your's.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Josh B

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2015, 08:44:16 am »
Thanks David!  Thanks John!

It's 07:15 here on the Kansas prairie.  25 degrees and the wind is gusting at about 25 mph to our backs.  Not an ideal situation by any means, but is the last chance for my daughter to draw on her dream buck this year since I'm leaving for AZ tomorrow and will be gone for several weeks.  Despite the wind, I can think of no better place to be this morning than sitting in the deer blind with my oldest daughter as we conclude her first ever deer season.  She has already said that if the muy grandes buck doesn't show today, she will try again next year and he will be even bigger next year.  Suns coming up and its time to put the binos to work.  More later!  Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2015, 12:43:13 pm »
Well...it's tag soup for my daughter's first effort.  She's a little disappointed that we didn't even see a deer today, but says she's more determined than ever to get back after that old buck next season.  For now we are switching gears and preparing for some serious goose hunting.  Merry Christmas all!  Josh

Offline bubby

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 01:32:35 pm »
Thats too bad Josh, tell her I've ate tag soup so often i can fill a recipe book
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline iowabow

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 05:50:06 pm »
Very sorry to hear that it did not come together. I was really rooting for you guys. It will make next year's hunt even more memorable.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Joseph

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 09:10:29 am »
Thats a nifty little knife and an amazing sheath.
Wish I lived in 'murica (again)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 09:42:21 am »
Be sure to take uMomma out for nice dinner!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857