Author Topic: I need some advise and pics  (Read 26487 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: I need some advise and pics
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2016, 01:23:14 pm »
Well, I got him started. I began with chicken wire and got his legs and torso then wrapped it with masking tape. I want to get the legs close to how they should be early on and the torso to the right attitude. I've begun to add news paper. Once I get most of the wire covered and the glue dry I'll study the pics you guys have posted and work on the shape some.
 This will be a slow process but here is where I am now...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2016, 01:40:11 pm »
That's a good start you got there Pat B,   8) looking forward to seeing future progress

Ruddy Darter

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2016, 01:41:27 pm »
The legs and torso look very dynamic already! :-)
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »
I got a little more done, arms attached and a yew bow bent. I still need to get the bow bending a little more evenly. The body shape is so out of the ordinary it is difficult to get the arms, legs and body attitude just right...but it's getting there. Here are a few pics...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:23 pm »
You should take that bow and make a miniature tiller tree and post pics in the bow section asking for a tiller check and see how many fall for it, lol.

Great work man, looking forward to more.

Offline DC

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 06:12:11 pm »
A little off both outers and it looks like a bit of hinge is starting in the middle of the bottom limb. >:D >:D  It's looking great!!!  Are you going to reduce the diameter of the bow? It may be the picture but the bow looks like it's about 4" in dia.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »
It represents a heavy war bow. I'll probably reduce the diameter a bit but I'll fit it to the archer. I just bent the bow yesterday and adjusted the bend some today. I wanted to add the bow(temporarily) to help with the stance and body position. The angle of the legs and body are contorted from drawing a heavy bow and adding the bow helps to see that it is getting close.

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 07:06:34 am »
Looking good Pat!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Archeryrocks

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 06:38:14 am »
Pat B this is really cool I like your sculptures.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 12:04:43 pm »
Thanks Jeff and AR.

Offline sieddy

• Guaranga! :)
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2016, 04:17:39 am »
I can almost see the strain in his face already! :)
"No man ever broke his bow but another man found a use for the string" Irish proverb

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 11:49:35 am »
I've been slow with this but I want his attitude to be just right...and it seems to be getting there.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2016, 01:15:01 pm »
Ruddy Darter, if I use the pic of Del for a model I wont have to have a shiny helmet, his bald head would suffice!   ;D
 I'm working on the cloths now. If I get to a good place in the process Ill post updated pics.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2016, 01:31:57 pm »
LOL :laugh:
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »
Lol, I'm sure it's just a wide centre parting Pat B, ...oh crikey, I hope he don't help me build a matchstick instead of a bow now :laugh:. That's sounds great progress and really looking forward to seeing the Bowman sculpture, looking good thus far  8).
(Are there going to be any hammered in stakes?)

Ruddy Darter.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:04:18 pm by Ruddy Darter »