Author Topic: knox geltian hide glue recipes  (Read 7137 times)

Offline bcbull

knox geltian hide glue recipes
« on: February 17, 2008, 03:48:39 pm »
hey guys iv noticed a lot of  you are making  ur own hide glue , would like to see some of  ur recipies  i think it d benfit everyone!! im courious to see what some of  ya are using  thanks !

Offline DanaM

Re: knox geltian hide glue recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 07:12:11 pm »
try doing a search for "hide Glue" and see what ya come up with.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

PK

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:28:09 pm »
I haven't got to the Knox Yet But I got 2 containers in the cooler They are kinda drying up but I guess thats OK as long as there is some left when i get to it.
I researched on the web and got frustrated so I tried it on the stove, pan full of cut up rawhide 1/3 water simmer for an hour with the lid almost sealed, stiring occasionally.
Waited til the hide started turning darker then the transformation happened glue, Idont think the smell is as bad as Horn being sanded.

Offline bcbull

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 02:09:45 am »
hi dana  tryed ur suggestion nothing coming up!! haha iv got a couple good ways ,, but there s a million diffrent ways boiling bones, hooves, horns, rawhide etc  just thought it d be fun  to see  what some of  ur personal favorists are for  making  ur own   :)  thanks

Offline cfox

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:40:19 pm »
I use 5 little packets in a medium size bowl  and add water ( maybe a cup I dunno) then put it in the microwave for as long as it takes to dissolve..check the consistency. it should be like thin syrup. if it's too thick just add water until it's thin enough. Not real scientific I know but it's always worked for me. Hope this helps you.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”
― William Hutchison Murray