Author Topic: 2016 October issue Gpops gravitas  (Read 16637 times)

Offline joachimM

• Good - better - broken
2016 October issue Gpops gravitas
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:49:33 pm »
Very disappointed to see the PA magazine overtly publishing a political point of view that has absolutely nothing to do with archery. Page 3.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: 2016 October issue Gpops gravitas
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 03:54:12 pm »
This has been discussed quite a bit on here since that issue came out. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline joachimM

• Good - better - broken
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 07:21:27 am »
Downloaded it just recently and didnt see it in the PA feedback page. Thanks for letting me know, OA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »
The newest issue has a nice write up from Ed apologizing for that garbage you speak of Joachim. Ed is the new EIC and promises we wont see political garbage again. The folks at PA need to remember they sell issues around the world and other than being a wordly political laughing stock, those folks don't care about our politics.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 05:48:48 pm »
The newest issue has a nice write up from Ed apologizing for that garbage you speak of Joachim. Ed is the new EIC and promises we wont see political garbage again. The folks at PA need to remember they sell issues around the world and other than being a wordly political laughing stock, those folks don't care about our politics.

Pearl Drums- Ed has been the editor for years.  He isn't new.  Mike Moore was the magazine president.  It was his letter that was published.  He has since resigned from Primitive Archer to pursue other interests.  Monroe the publisher has stepped in to the position.  This magazine is a family run operation for the most part.  We have appreciated the responses and letters sent to our editor, Ed Ingold.  We, the folks at PA, have responded with kindness and with grace regarding this issue.  We appreciate if everyone follows suit.  We appreciate the continued support from our subscribers. 
Sincerely,
Marie
Calendargirl
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GB

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 06:39:02 pm »
I've decided not to re-up.  I don't want to start a debate or reopen a can of worms.  Instead of resubscribing, I donated that amount to an environmental group.  Just a gut feeling I have about the future.
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »
I've decided not to re-up.  I don't want to start a debate or reopen a can of worms.  Instead of resubscribing, I donated that amount to an environmental group.  Just a gut feeling I have about the future.
You will be missed, but what a great way to take that money and put toward good.  Pay it forward.  Thank you for sharing your choices.
Sincerely,
Marie Luther
Calendargirl
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline GB

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 02:19:36 am »
Thanks for understanding, Marie.
That is very nice of you and I do appreciate it.
Yeah, I remember when we had a President who didn't wear a tinfoil hat.