Author Topic: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 50655 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2016, 11:37:35 pm »
Arrowbuster, you're welcome anytime.  Thanks for the samples.  Greg really enjoyed the small ones.  He had hi shirt pockets full of them until about midnight.  ;)  I sent the large hot sample with Brian.  He's putting it in the deer cabin to take the chill off those cold November mornings.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline Balsatech

« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2016, 11:42:20 pm »
Dave, thanks for being such a great host. I had a great time. Was a much needed break and some much needed laughter ( some of the stuff that came out of Greg's mouth). Fun to hang out with a bunch of good guys that have the same interests. Brian, Tracy, Daniel,Ozzie,Joe,Greg, arrowbuster,Paul thanks for the rawhide I will put it to use. Clint thank you for the stave gifts of Hackberry and Elm.( I'm surprised but those weren't my glasses). And Bill... thanks for that ah-ha moment, you saved me from the frustration of consistently light poundage bows,glad you made it this year. Good Time guys. Chief Blue Feather... I think that names going to stick Dave. Thanks again for Moontree.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2016, 04:19:27 am »
Looks like a great time had by all, I had no doubt yall would have fun. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
It was hard to go back to work this morning.  It seemed like the weekend flew by.  I can't wait to do it again next year. 

Tracy, I like your idea on the areal targets for next year.  I wonder if I could make some targets?  I could get a sheet of 2" thick foam insulation and cut some circles out.  I can paint them to.  Do you think that will work?  I could glue something to the back for added wait if needed. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2016, 10:22:13 pm »
I need to dye some blue feathers for flu flu arrows :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline TRACY

« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2016, 06:01:32 am »
It was hard to go back to work this morning.  It seemed like the weekend flew by.  I can't wait to do it again next year. 

Tracy, I like your idea on the areal targets for next year.  I wonder if I could make some targets?  I could get a sheet of 2" thick foam insulation and cut some circles out.  I can paint them to.  Do you think that will work?  I could glue something to the back for added wait if needed.

Give it a try if you have time. I've got a couple that were clearances and can pickup a few more in time. Need to get rolling on making some flu flu arrows to shoot. Also thought about the knockoff nerd soccer ball for $3 to do some running rabbit shots or aerials.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline TRACY

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2016, 06:04:40 am »
I need to dye some blue feathers for flu flu arrows :)

Go easy chief blue feather of the ausage tribe. I know what they can do to you >:D tell them feathers who's boss!
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #202 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:32 pm »
It's Friday night and I'm in the workshop listening to Classic Country Request and missing the hustle-bustle of last Friday and the friendship.  Clint I now you're missing the music, except for that one song that was just too sad for bow making. :)
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #203 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:07 pm »
It's Friday night and I'm in the workshop listening to Classic Country Request and missing the hustle-bustle of last Friday and the friendship.  Clint I now you're missing the music, except for that one song that was just too sad for bow making. :)

It's hard to work on a bow with a tear in your eye Dave  :'(
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Ozzy

« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2016, 08:02:05 am »

It's hard to work on a bow with a tear in your eye Dave  :'(
;D
THE BEST SUNRISES ARE SEEN 20 FEET UP A TREE.