Author Topic: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering  (Read 50645 times)

Offline hedgeapple

Re: 4th Annual Moon Tree Gathering
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 01:02:51 am »
Gutshot, Friday is fine.

Paul, I'd love to have you all down to Moon Tree.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline DLH

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 10:01:36 am »
I think I'm gonna make it and have convinced a buddy to go with me. Are guns still welcomed? I know they have gotten a bad rap in the media lately  :laugh:

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 03:10:45 pm »
Man sounds like a good time! One of these years I'm going to kidnap Greg and Cody and show up

This would be no better time to do some kidnapping and come on down

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 05:22:58 pm »
Paul, if you make it to my house you can ride the rest of the way with me.  It would save you a couple of hours of driving.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 06:47:50 pm »
Hey lets all build a moon tree bow for this years gathering for the bow shoot! We have 2 months to get them done. What do you all think?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 08:08:12 pm »
I'm putting the finishing touches on a bow right now.  I've got a knife to finish up to.  I'm not sure if I can get another bow done in time.  Although I do have a yew bow roughed out.  I might be able to get that one shootable by Moontree.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 08:11:30 pm »
Paul, if you make it to my house you can ride the rest of the way with me.  It would save you a couple of hours of driving.

Not quite sure if I Drive to your house that I won't just start cutting down all that sage and head right back up ;) I'd love to make it but too much on my plate though. Sometime, thanks for the invite

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2016, 12:23:12 am »
Daniel, I so happy you're going to make it this year.  Rumors have it that Ozzy shall return this year.  I think that just leaves Blackhawk as an un-committed for making this a Reunion of founding members.  GUN?  Are those things dangerous?  Hilary and Obama report that scary, black guns will break out of their gun safes by themselves to run through the streets terrorizing alley cats, liberals and cartoon characters.  Given that kind of press, I think I'll need to search every vehicle.  If a firearm is NOT found, you may be asked to leave.  haha

Daniel what do you have in mind to shoot?  As you remember I have the 50 yard range in the yard, but I also have a 200 yard range on the back of the farm.

Gutshot I like that idea.  It will put some fire in my pants to make a bow.  I was hoping to start working on one today, but deal with snow took some wind from my sails.  Might I suggest a "Not-So-Ultimate" bow challenge, meaning some work to the bow has to be done at Moon Tree.  This could be from building the bow here to just adding a floppy rest or handle wrap.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
I like that idea Dave so have the bow at 90-95% done and finish it there.

blackhawk

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 08:13:21 am »
Daniel, I so happy you're going to make it this year.  Rumors have it that Ozzy shall return this year.  I think that just leaves Blackhawk as an un-committed for making this a Reunion of founding members. 

That wood be a nice reunion now wouldnt it...i was the first  ;)  8)

Offline Gsulfridge

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 11:08:27 am »
You might as well come on down Blackhawk.
Greg Sulfridge, Lafollette, TN

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 02:58:31 pm »
Chris if you come down, I'll take a vacation day that Thursday.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline DLH

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 12:34:23 pm »
Dave is was thinking about bringing my rifle I think I may have a new one by then. I would also like to cook bacon and eggs for everyone one morning if you have any idea how much I should cook? I think I have the wife talked into a dessert and potatoe salad too.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 01:03:32 pm »
Dave is was thinking about bringing my rifle I think I may have a new one by then. I would also like to cook bacon and eggs for everyone one morning if you have any idea how much I should cook? I think I have the wife talked into a dessert and potatoe salad too.
DLH don't know you but BACON AND EGGS IM YOUR BEST FRIEND. I love me some BACON AND EGGS I really like those COUNTRY BROWN EGGS. if all my chickens make it this winter I'll bring a bunch of BROWN EGGS for you

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 02:01:34 pm »
Bacon and eggs sounds great.  It's just not natural to have a bow gathering and not eat some bacon and eggs.