Author Topic: New Primitive Archer member  (Read 5248 times)

Offline Griff

New Primitive Archer member
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:23:39 pm »
 :laugh: thought i'd introduce myself here from Battlefield, Mo. Just joined PA today and was directed here by my neighbor. He found out that I was shooting a recurve bow and introduced me to selfbows. We are about halfway through my first hickory selfbow which i'm very excited about. I lack a lot of tools to work on my own but would really enjoy any wisdom or insight in how an aspiring beginner bowyer could expand his skills in building or shooting of bows.

Offline Danzn Bar

Re: New Primitive Archer member
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »
Welcome to PA Griff......Feel free to post any questions, pictures ...yes most of us old guys like pictures... :) and we'll try to help...
Again welcome
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:18:17 pm »
Griff, come to the Wright City get together this weekend and we can prolly hook ya up with a few things and you can work on yer bow ... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 10:14:48 pm »
Griff, come to the Wright City get together this weekend and we can prolly hook ya up with a few things and you can work on yer bow ... Brian

Seriously, get your butt, stave, and whatever tools you have at hand over there!  There are going to be some great bowyers there (along with Koan) and you will not regret it!  You are only a stranger until you arrive!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 12:09:19 am »
You're fortunate to have Patrick and Eric nearby. Great resources!
Of course, the knowledge/skills/helpfulness of PA community-at-large is stupendous.

Good to see we have another MO feller on the team!

If you can make it to Wright City this weekend . . . . would be great!  http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,55456.0.html
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 04:09:59 am »
Welcome , You will enjoy it here. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 05:37:49 am »
Glad to see you finally got singed on to PA neighbor!

Guys I've been after him about going to Wright City with us and he claims that this little work thing is getting in the way! Griff is a great guy and it's been a lot of fun talking and teaching with him. He reminds me of myself when I first  started!
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!