Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 7912 times)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
Re: Gas prices
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 07:14:41 am »
Pappy- I'm on the flip side of your situation.  I sell downstream derivatives of oil so our budgets are all busted.  Core oil derivatives are trading at 30% of what they were 2 years ago.  Layoffs have been huge. 
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2016, 07:30:34 am »
Yep it's like lot of other things in this world we don't think about,[ we generally think about our self ] what is good for some is not always good for all. ??? Sorry for you situation.  :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:12 am »
Pappy, you are a great moderator.  I have been on this site long enough to have become a fan of yours.  You keep it on track through issues that would start a Jerry Springer mess on most forums!  You are a natural born diplomat.  We need you in the United Nations. ;D  Hats off to you.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2016, 09:36:57 am »
I went deer hunting yesterday and filled my diesel up for thirty something bucks, a couple of years ago I would have topped 100 bucks for about the same fill-up.

Offline Joseph

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2016, 09:38:31 am »
In australia...
not so lucky
That much for a litre, which is 3.7 times smaller.
Added that the American dollar is about half again bigger than the Australian.

riverrat

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2016, 09:39:48 am »
its a election year. itll change back :) . also last time a barrel was this cheap i think gas prices were around 50 cents a gallon. whats that tell ya about our oil companies here at home??? Tony

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2016, 09:48:34 am »
How about airlines. Their prices are down 5% to 10% but their profits are up over 40%. I guess that is good marketing.  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:29 am »
Election year really has nothing to do with it, and now there is more than .50 cents a gal. tax, that really has nothing to do with the oil company's, now does it. ;) :) OK I admit I love this kind of stuff but please remember let's play nice, so far so good but threads like this can go south very quick. Great bunch on PA now and don't have much trouble anymore. Thanks.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 09:56:52 am »
its likely gonna go much lower as Iran is set to release oil into the market with the lifting of sanctions.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:01:40 am by caveman2533 »

Offline DC

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2016, 11:50:48 am »
Gas prices up here are down about 20%($4.00 per American gal). That means I can go 20% farther into the bush looking for staves :D :D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 04:02:39 am »
 ;) :) Man why is your gas so much higher in Canada  ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Stoker

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:51 am »
Here in Alberta we are paying .78 per litre That's 2.98 per US gallon current exchange would be about 1,78 USD... Why higher??? Taxes
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 10:39:31 am »
Got it. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline sleek

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 10:50:48 am »
I have friends in the oil industry who are out of work. I worked at a machine shop that did oilfield work, They had 35 people and were giving out christmas and thanksgiving bonuses. They are now down to 10. It Hurts me to see that company struggle. It was one of those shops where we werent co workers but all family. They hired me and treated me right. I had a paycheck stolen out my car I had just cashed. I told the company owner, he reached in his pocket, said here, and gave me in cash over my paycheck value, and said to pay him back when ever. A few minutes late? They didnt care. Just do your job and everything was good. I made mistakes, they never gripped. I broke tools from being inexperienced. They were more of the opinion that as I made mistakes I was more valuable as I learned from them. People like that are being choked out and its awefull. I wish I had a solution but I dont.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 11:48:47 am »
Here in Mariposa California it dropped to 2.49/gal