Author Topic: 1st Annual PA Invitational 2016  (Read 322461 times)

Offline wizardgoat

1st Annual PA Invitational 2016
« on: January 21, 2016, 03:52:01 pm »
This is NOT the PA bow trade.
There has been a lot of negativity surrounding trades of the past, especially for some guys that have been around long enough to see a lot of them.
With the help of Mullet and Pearl Drums, we thought it would be a great way to get
some friends together and do a trade our own way.
Obviously on a site like this, this list could be huge, well over 100, but we decided smaller would be easier for our first go,
we figured 20-25 guys would be a solid number. Any trade runners of past years will tell you its a lot of work,
and as this trade comes to an end I'll have 2 month old baby wizard on my hands, so for me this is more than enough.
I really wasn't expecting that 90% of the first list to except, so guys, please don't be offended if you were not invited.
If this goes well, which I'm sure it will with a list like this, I'd have no problem hosting again with more guys.
Some guys have been requesting to make a bow for a certain person, I think we're going to see some amazing bows come out of this.
And after all, thats what its all about right? Makin' dust and havin' fun! Deadline is July 15

Wizardgoat
Mullet
Pearl Drums
Stringman
Osage Outlaw
Loefflerchuck
Gun Doc
Bushboy
Pappy
Badly Bent
Carson
Bryce Pinecone
Bubby
Aaron H
MWirwicki
Paulsemp
Missle Master
Gordon
PatM
James Parker
PatB
Will H
Badger
Weylin
Gaur
Marc St. Louis
Simson

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:09:23 pm by wizardgoat »

Offline pincushin

Re: 1st Annual PA Invitational 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »
Im glad that primitive archer now has a football team, the varsity team list is above. All Jv players pease report to the noninvitational trade thread.   >:D >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:38:24 pm »
I'm ripping and ready to go my friends.  I have 3 or 4 ideas in my mind of what I want to build. None alike :)

I'm one of those that picked my victim. I like the pressure. All the same, I would be honored to build a bow for any of you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 04:49:27 pm »
I can't wait, this is gonna be a great thread!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 04:52:02 pm »
I can hardly wait to hear my recipient is. I'll decide then what to make. I'm a bit rusty so maybe this trade will nock off some of that rust.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »
I just imagine there is going to be some Eye Candy involved with this thread. I'm going to have to dig in my "goodie" box for this one.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 05:14:37 pm »
I'm very excited about this. I only have to build two bows between now and summer. One being this and the other one a raffle for elm hall. And as for the drama that others may start I do know that will be the only drama. This trade will have 100% success rate and I'm sure all of us are going to make the people running it jobs easy

Stringman

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 05:41:43 pm »
Gonna be a fun one! Glad y'all let this jv player slide thru!  :o

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 05:44:11 pm »
Funny, I thought I was the only sophomore getting bumped up

Offline pincushin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »
Hopefully no one thought that my reply was meant to be negative. I was just making a joke I'm very exited to watch this thread you guys are some some great bowyers.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 06:22:35 pm »
Going to be some nice bent sticks when all is said and done!  Looking forward to the progress.

Offline Will H

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 06:23:16 pm »
Thanks for the invite fellers! I'm honored to be a part of this list. Haven't been building much lately and have switched to left hand. My stats are a little different nowadays... I like em 40#-50# @ 31" draw  :o with the arrow on the wrong side  ;D
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 06:27:36 pm »
Great friends as well cushion. Its an aspect that some cant see. Ive shook hands with 14 of these guys. That means something to this guy.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PatM

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 07:23:14 pm »
I was accidentally sent an invite that was intended for PatB but I refuse to give up my spot. I am the John Scott of the trade.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 07:35:13 pm »
I'm excited to get started, also a little nervous as I always am when making a bow for another bowyer. I've already done swaps with 4 of these friends so I've requested to get another name from the hat, more pressure. I've met a dozen from this group personally and know a few more from correspondences. I'm happy to be involved in a trade with any of the gentlemen from this group.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.