Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 689120 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2016, 11:21:13 am »
Sorry guys, I'm running a little late and need to get a pkg to the post office. Thought I was almost done and then found out I had 2 guys building bows for Otter  :laugh:
I'll get this straightened out when I get back and get the last 3 or 4 taken care of.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline Otter

« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2016, 11:22:20 am »

Offline Otter

« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2016, 11:26:52 am »
im going with the middle stave ... ill keep you updated... and two bows for me lol... how lucky can I get

Offline Otter

« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2016, 11:33:10 am »
Otter,  looks like ya got them osage pretty much skinned? round here I got to get the bark off the ironwood , either green or dead standing otherwise it is a fight to the bitter end!!!! 8) 8) 8)
rich
half eye the one on left is hhb  and one in center does still have bark on it but it peels off easy, jon the right is all ready debarked and I used tb3 to seal it and ends... by leaving the bark on i have had better luvk with it not cracking on the back.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34:27 am »
im going with the middle stave ... ill keep you updated... and two bows for me lol... how lucky can I get
Man ! Otter you the luckiest guy on here 2 bows sweet! Lol

Offline half eye

« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34:49 am »
based on his size ....he probably needs two.....one for each hand. >:D
rich

Offline Otter

« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2016, 11:37:07 am »
hhb was already skined... me and my brother gifted the other half to del the cat at the classic two years ago, del made a nice Cherokee style bow with it last year.

Offline Otter

« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2016, 11:39:48 am »
im just a little guy...  :o lol >:D >:D >:D

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
Attaching and linking photos
« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2016, 11:40:25 am »
To post pics here (where the pic is stored by PA on its website, do this:

1.) Hit "Reply" to open a reply, just like you normally would. Wrte whatever you want to be in front of the pic.

2.) Hit the little blue arrow button that says, "Attachments and other options." It's located to the left just below the main text area, where you've been typing your reply. It will open up a few more entry areas. You will be adding your photo (s) as an attachment. Here's how:

3.) Hit the bue button that says "Browse". A window will open up on your computer (or phone). Use that window to find the photo file on your computer that you want to attach to your message.

4.) Now select that photo file, and the window should close. Bingo, you've just attached a photo file!

Notes:

1.) Photos must be reduced in size to about 600 pixels wide, to fit the file size requirements and to fit well in the  forum column width. You can reduce the photo size with  simple photo editor like MTPaint (free for download) or Photoshop, or via any online photo reducer.

2.) You can also upload photos to a free photo hosting service, like Photobucket, and then just put a link to that photo in your message, rather than attaching a photo to your message. The advantage of that is that the forum doesn't have to store photos, which takes lots of storage room. ( It also seems that this forum deletes old photos to save space -- I notice older threads often have photos missing ("deleted by administrator" )).

To link a photo, copy the photo's URL address to your clipboard from the free photo hosting company and paste that address where you want the photo in your message.

Then highlight the address in your message (ie. select it) and click the photo button (first button in the second row of edit buttons, above -- located under the B Bold button.

That will put /img tags around your photo's address, letting the forum software know that the address is an image, not just an ordinary link.

Some photo hosting sites have a means of inserting those /img tags without you having to do it via the photo button. You should be able to see the tags surrounding your pasted photo address.

Hope this helps!

I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline Otter

« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2016, 11:42:56 am »
I need to print that  planB

Offline Otter

« Reply #400 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:26 am »
.   Here's a mug shot of me

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #401 on: January 27, 2016, 11:59:04 am »
Gosh Otter how much did that large mouth weight.

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #402 on: January 27, 2016, 12:03:41 pm »
Nice fish, Otter!

I was trying to find a picture with me and a nice walleye (20 inches, my personal best) I caught last summer to post, but I gave up and posted a pic of me with my other best catch.  ;)

It's good to see the full explanation for how to post pics (especially the size limits).  The reason I went with imgur is because the site generates a /img link that you can copy/paste.  However, it looks like you figured it out!
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."

Offline Otter

« Reply #403 on: January 27, 2016, 12:14:46 pm »
gutshot, ty_in_ND, Thanks this creekchub weight in a little over 7lbs... ive caught two that size now... largest walleye I caught was 26 inches didnt have a scale then so I dont know what it weighted.. also caught a 53 1/2 pound shovelhead

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #404 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:05 pm »
I got a couple things in the works and a few blanks made out.
Nothing ventured nothing gained