Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 680287 times)

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #1050 on: February 08, 2016, 12:32:28 pm »
I had removed it because I felt it was taking up too much room.  :-[
Just placed it up again with the rules on the front page.

Due to lack of participation by a few members I am shuffling some names around today. For the few of you that are well along with your builds please don't worry. You'll be building for someone else but with similar specs and I will PM you shortly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:49:34 pm by Fred Arnold »
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline half eye

« Reply #1051 on: February 08, 2016, 12:35:44 pm »
Mitch, add me to the list of admirers as well

Gutshot, left ya a phone message buddy

DuBois, no they are not too bad at all...just different from my usual push-pull.

Dont know Fred, about the hunting, I'll have to get that out when I can get back into the woods

Hey David, how the heck is your bow coming along....with the start you got thought we be seeing a little more of her.....your just teasing aint ya?
rich

Offline Sidmand

« Reply #1052 on: February 08, 2016, 12:42:38 pm »
got my ring(s) chased on the stave, and got it laid out with pencil.  Then, I changed my mind on the layout, and I'm going to go a different route, but I didn't draw it up yet.  I will do that tonight.  Here pics of the ring chasing.  I said rings above cause this stave was covered up in those super duper thin "lunar rings" or whatever they are called.  I simply couldn't get down to one of them, but the back is super clean and those super thin rings won't be a problem at all, at least I don't think they will. 

"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Sidmand

« Reply #1053 on: February 08, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »
that stave was whispering "make me a mollegabet", then once I got the back chased down and the layout drawn on it, the stave screamed "NO, WAIT, MAKE ME INTO A BENDY HANDLE BOW WITH SCALLOPED EDGES!!"  I couldn't turn that down, no sir.  So, that's what she is going to be.
"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." --> Aristotle

Offline Drewster

« Reply #1054 on: February 08, 2016, 01:11:54 pm »
"NO, WAIT, MAKE ME INTO A BENDY HANDLE BOW WITH SCALLOPED EDGES!!"

That will be cool Sidmand.  I'll look forward to seeing that.

I've had my hickory stave in the hot box for a week and have been weighing it every day.  She's still loosing weight so I band sawed the limbs a bit thinner to where I can start floor tillering and put her back in the hot box.  That stave had more moisture than I realized......thank goodness for a hot box.

The steam bending at the handle has slowly returned to it's "crook" so I'll have to re-steam it in a few days.  I want to see how much more it drops in weight over the next couple of days.......patience......patience.  I'm getting behind some of you speed demons ;-)  BUT, got to get hickory dry!
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline half eye

« Reply #1055 on: February 08, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »
Very cool Sidmand,

Drewster, Youll whip that hick into shape sir......make it scream for it's momma >:D
rich

Fred, If you need anything on the reshuffle please advise sir.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #1056 on: February 08, 2016, 02:05:57 pm »
Drewster your not that far behind your just making sure all is done correctly. I'm sure thAt stave will be a sweet bow when it's said and done

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #1057 on: February 08, 2016, 02:09:26 pm »
I had removed it because I felt it was taking up too much room.  :-[
Just placed it up again with the rules on the front page.

Due to lack of participation by a few members I am shuffling some names around today. For the few of you that are well along with your builds please don't worry. You'll be building for someone else but with similar specs and I will PM you shortly.

I have no dog in this fight but I am curious. Guys are already getting kicked out?

Offline half eye

« Reply #1058 on: February 08, 2016, 02:20:09 pm »
Nobody's getting kicked out that I know of
rich

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #1059 on: February 08, 2016, 03:05:07 pm »
I have not posted a lot, but I have been following closely and working on bows where I can.  I keep thinking I just need to retire so I can devote myself full time to my hobbies. . .

I am also finishing up a couple of Christmas bows for two of my sons.  I would be done already, but one of the staves broke during tillering.   I got his plan B is tillered  on Saturday, though, so some finish work and I will be able to really concentrate on this one.

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #1060 on: February 08, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
You are right Rich   ::) Nobody's been booted. I don't intend to.
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #1061 on: February 08, 2016, 03:10:45 pm »
Thanks for the quick response. Like I said none of my business and I wish this trade nothing but the best and was hoping you guys did not have drama right off the bat

Offline David Ewing

« Reply #1062 on: February 08, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »
Hey David, how the heck is your bow coming along....with the start you got thought we be seeing a little more of her.....your just teasing aint ya?
rich
Haven't got anything else done. I have been busy with other stuff...

:D
"If you want me to agree with you, I can, but then we'd both be wrong"

David

Offline half eye

« Reply #1063 on: February 08, 2016, 03:44:22 pm »
Just pullin yer chain David >:D >:D
rich

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #1064 on: February 08, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »
David E. Other stuff meaning school?