Author Topic: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information  (Read 688974 times)

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

Re: 2016 Primitive Archer Bow Trade Sign up and Information
« Reply #1350 on: February 14, 2016, 06:49:51 pm »
More pics

Offline ajooter

« Reply #1351 on: February 14, 2016, 06:51:46 pm »
This is an ELB style and I am not familiar with these so any input would be helpful but so far it seems to be making a nice bow-Hammertime

Coming right out of that upper fade it looks like it's a pretty stiff those first couple inches...but like the other said...get the tips coming around first and you'll make your way to the fades.  Just gotta be careful not to create a hinge early on near the fade area. 

What kind of wood is it again ?

Offline half eye

« Reply #1352 on: February 14, 2016, 06:59:07 pm »
Gutshot,  that yella bow looks outstanding sir.....after all your hard work already I cant believe that tillering is going to be an issue at all ::) ::)

PlanB, hell man with the easy day and night you had you ought to be just cruising, ya right >:D

Ajooter, dont think it's anything you cant handle
rich

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #1353 on: February 14, 2016, 07:39:06 pm »
 Gutshot,
               I'm really liking the looks of that yellow character bow you got going on... 8)  You take your good old time around them fades when you get there...
                                                                                                                                   Don
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 07:50:36 pm by burchett.donald »
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline PlanB

• SRHacksaw
« Reply #1354 on: February 14, 2016, 08:04:50 pm »
Super nice!
I love it when a plan B comes together....

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #1355 on: February 14, 2016, 08:06:39 pm »
Gutshot,
               I'm really liking the looks of that yellow character bow you got going on... 8)  You take your good old time around them fades when you get there...
                                                                                                                                   Don

Will do Donald. If you have any advice I will take all I can get. Never done anything like it

Offline JonW

« Reply #1356 on: February 14, 2016, 08:36:11 pm »
Rich looks like ya got that little bow whooped pretty good.

Offline half eye

« Reply #1357 on: February 14, 2016, 08:44:17 pm »
Absolutely Jon.....amazing what happens when a fella gets a ton of good advice ;) Thank you my friend.
rich

Offline Fred Arnold

• From up on Munson Creek
« Reply #1358 on: February 14, 2016, 10:02:22 pm »
You haven't seen or heard from me much in the last few days. Two of my sisters visited traveling  from Torrington, WY and Aurora, CO. We had a great time and don't get the chance to do it often enough. Anyway I'm back> You are doing a fantastic job of getting things done helping each other.

Especially wish to thank Rich for staying on top of everything going on but all of you guys are doing fantastic. Your motivation is catching.

As stated in an earlier post, the first incentive drawing was held tonight and we have 3 winners.

#1 Ty_in_ND  Choice of 10" Ochsenkopf draw knife
                      #49 Nicholson pattern makers rasp or
                       Aged osage stave donated by JonW

#2 Sidmand   Defer to above after Tyler's choice.

#3 Drewster  JWHalverson's black hills gold ( pure honey and beeswax)

Congratulations to all of you. We will have another drawing next Sunday evening for 3 more donated items. Keep up the spirit!!!! >>-----> Fred
I found many years ago that it is much easier and more rewarding working with those that don't know anything than those that know it all.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #1359 on: February 14, 2016, 10:07:23 pm »
Congrats to Ty, Sidman and Drewster on winning. 

Offline Drewster

« Reply #1360 on: February 14, 2016, 10:41:09 pm »
Oh COOL.  I love good honey.  Thanks Fred for all you're doing with this trade.  Best one I've ever been involved in.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #1361 on: February 14, 2016, 11:12:23 pm »
Love the drawings idea - Thanks Fred and to all who donated!  Congrats to those drawn you lucky rascals.

Swampman - I am liking the looks of that BL!

Ranasp - looks like that stave split just fine to me.  glad the bark came off easy.

Rich - that full draw looks great on that little bow - well done sir!

Hammer - that elm is looking good - starting to bend like it is supposed to.  Rich has good advice on the outers.

DKid - the snake pattern looks good - bet it will look really good all finished up!

Gutshot - I think you have more patience than me - the osage is coming along nicely!  Lots of work in that one.

No time to work on my bow today.  Maybe some evening this week???

Mitch
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline DuBois

« Reply #1362 on: February 15, 2016, 01:37:27 am »
Rich, that is one seriously fine lookin tiller on that banana  :o

Gut, what you gonna call that one? The 18 rings of Hades?

Yeah, I agree the drawing is an outstanding idea-congrats you lucky dogs!

JW, what would it take to get that honey??

Just too many cool things goin on to comment on all.

Keep it going fellas!!  8)

And I did get some work done but have to get around to some pics.

Offline ajooter

« Reply #1363 on: February 15, 2016, 07:30:52 am »
Congrats to the drawing winners....makes the trade that much sweeter....I'll be getting something done today for sure!

Offline ty_in_ND

« Reply #1364 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:54 am »
You haven't seen or heard from me much in the last few days. Two of my sisters visited traveling  from Torrington, WY and Aurora, CO. We had a great time and don't get the chance to do it often enough. Anyway I'm back> You are doing a fantastic job of getting things done helping each other.

Especially wish to thank Rich for staying on top of everything going on but all of you guys are doing fantastic. Your motivation is catching.

As stated in an earlier post, the first incentive drawing was held tonight and we have 3 winners.

#1 Ty_in_ND  Choice of 10" Ochsenkopf draw knife
                      #49 Nicholson pattern makers rasp or
                       Aged osage stave donated by JonW

#2 Sidmand   Defer to above after Tyler's choice.

#3 Drewster  JWHalverson's black hills gold ( pure honey and beeswax)

Congratulations to all of you. We will have another drawing next Sunday evening for 3 more donated items. Keep up the spirit!!!! >>-----> Fred

Well, for starters, I hope the visit with your sisters was good!  I'm lucky enough that my siblings will pretty close to me, so we don't go long stretches without weeing each other. 

As far as winning the drawing... all I can say is I'm humbled that I was even entered in, let alone to win something.

As for the bow, it's on to plan B for me.  I was looking at the cuts for the splice and thought "they're so close to being perfect, I can work on them just a touch more...".  I know, famous last words!  Anyway, the boards aren't ruined at all, but if I were to cut new splices, I would be left with a length of wood that would be a little on the short side for me to comfortably make a bow for my guy's stats.  I'll be trimming some more osage slats I have to size tonight!
"The best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."