Author Topic: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...  (Read 126434 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Another Invitational 2016 Bow Trade...
« Reply #570 on: June 26, 2016, 08:26:30 am »
Good looking stick Pat.It'll mold right into a bow for ya.
Knoll....Are those those maple shafts?Nice job.
hunterbob.....I've never done a sapwood backed osage yet.Looking forward to seeing yours.
I've put the testing through my trade bow and it's a shooting pretty darn decent.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #571 on: June 26, 2016, 10:01:21 am »
good lookin arra's Mike.  Patrick, that tip is awesome.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #572 on: June 26, 2016, 10:27:08 am »
Nice work on that tip!  Great looking shafts knoll. I love making bows but I cant say the same for arrow shafts.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #573 on: June 26, 2016, 11:28:57 am »
Man you guys do pretty work.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #574 on: June 26, 2016, 01:41:17 pm »
Some impressive bows on this thread, nice work gentlemen

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #575 on: June 26, 2016, 02:18:44 pm »
Knoll....Are those those maple shafts?Nice job.

Ed, those are german spruce. After Mojam am going to work on that router jig so can turn down into shafts those maple squares ya sent me!
Mike
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DuBois

« Reply #576 on: June 26, 2016, 02:37:27 pm »
Nice overlays Pat. Those should polish up sweet like. I am guilty of finishing tips before tiller and have had to cut a few off that I thought were awesome when I had been too light wt. I just hate doing temp nocks

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #577 on: June 26, 2016, 03:58:36 pm »
Nice overlays Pat. Those should polish up sweet like. I am guilty of finishing tips before tiller and have had to cut a few off that I thought were awesome when I had been too light wt. I just hate doing temp nocks

I quit cutting them off and throwing them away.  All my tips are put on with CA glue. So I just heat them up with a heat gun until they pop off. Then I just glue them back on.

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #578 on: June 26, 2016, 07:21:50 pm »
That happened to me with my first yew bow. Trying to force it just won't work. I'm sure you will turn out a winner

Thanks Chris! 
I told you that I was stubborn!
Hey,  have you started that yew i gave you at Marshall?

Patrick

No sir. I've been working on another donation bow for the Elm Hall club. I did explain it to dad and he was all excited. He knows the bow will make a lot of money for his Legion post. When the time draws nearer I would like to have either you or Eric send me a simple paragraph explaining the origin of the wood. That alone will sell a lot of tickets. Veterans are a sappy lot :).......me to.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #579 on: June 26, 2016, 07:55:33 pm »

Hey,  have you started that yew i gave you at Marshall?
Patrick

I did explain it to dad and he was all excited. He knows the bow will make a lot of money for his Legion post. When the time draws nearer I would like to have either you or Eric send me a simple paragraph explaining the origin of the wood. That alone will sell a lot of tickets. Veterans are a sappy lot :).......me to.

I don't know the story, but it must be a good'un. Will get it firsthand from Eric/Pat at MoJam.
And, yes, Pearl is one of those sappy fellas. That's a good thing.   ;D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #580 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:48 pm »
"Veterans are a sappy lot..."  ::)
Only when we aren't being grumpy.  >:(
;)  ;D

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #581 on: June 26, 2016, 09:12:46 pm »
Pearl,  Eric knows all the details better than me.  I'll let him write it down for you.

Mike,  we will tell you about it at mojam we have kinda kept it under wraps.

You're right there Paul!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #582 on: June 27, 2016, 08:37:16 am »
"Veterans are a sappy lot..."  ::)
Only when we aren't being grumpy.  >:(
;)  ;D

Nothing gets to me deeper than the National Anthem ( I cry every time), troops in their BDU's, Blackhawks over head and convoys on the highway. I passed a convoy of about 10 trucks yesterday and waived an every single one as they drove by. Bunch of bad azz people responsible for one thing, us.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #583 on: June 27, 2016, 08:51:48 am »
I work around that exact stuff every day Pearl. I kinda get caught up in the daily grind of my job and don't look at it quite the same. That is until I see them on my days off and they are training for us while I enjoy civilian life.....

Patrick

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #584 on: June 27, 2016, 12:37:30 pm »
I just sent a first draft of the write up for the Old Yew Tree's story to a few guys for edits.  I'll post something widely when we get closer to being ready to go with this idea.

OneBow