Author Topic: Par boiling bunny?  (Read 4344 times)

Offline Chief RID

Par boiling bunny?
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:57:37 am »
I am putting the cart before the ox but if I get a bunny today, I have already missed one so far, I would like to par boil it after cutting it up and get as much texas pete pepper sauce flavor into it as I can during the process without having a pressure cooker. Then I will chicken fry it in the cast iron frying pan as normal. Will this get the flavor into the meat or is a pressure cooker the only way to permeate the flavor through the meat. Possibly par boil then marinate in a texas pete based marinate for a couple hours? I love Texas Pete or as we call it Hot Pete. I think my grand dad started that.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Par boiling bunny?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 08:19:37 pm »
If Petes sauce is the flavor you want, Id do it this way. 1/4 the bunny including the straps and par boil it normally, take it out and give it a good bath in your choice of batter. Fry it up in a cast pan full of oil, nice and hot. Then I would dump half a bottle of petes in a bowl and spin the 1/4s in it after they are fried, like wings are done. Mmmmmmmm!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:25:34 am »
I don't bar boil hardly ever. Try an injector marinade needle and pump bugs bunny as full of hot pete as ya want
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 03:56:20 am »
PD.  I had considered the hot wing thing but that is not what I am looking for. I want the spicy in the meat, not on it.
Buddy. I had not thought about injection. I may try that today with some chicken thighs if the bunny continues to elude me. I think I have an injection needle around here somewhere.

I sure appreciate the input from you guys. I think I will try both methods if I get the bunny. Front shoulders, hot wings and hind quarters, injected. Backstrap, I have some Caribbean Grilling sauce I have not tried yet. It is the Food Lion Inspirations brand.   

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:43:32 am »
You could always put the meat and sauce in a gallon bag, roll all the air out and let it sit 24 hrs in the fridge. Id imagine as light as bunny meat is, it would permeate completely. Injector would work to. But that's too easy :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.