Author Topic: New 55#@28" might be the bow !!  (Read 4595 times)

Offline lukelawrence171

Re: New 55#@28" might be the bow !!
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 03:52:37 pm »
How do we know it needs more mid limb bend when we haven't seen it un-braced? He could have 3" of mid limb reflex in it for all we know, that would make his tiller perfect.
   I wish I was allowed to add more pictures the bow had a large amount of natural reflex in the limbs but in the tillering stages I took a lot of it out and it seemed to even the limbs up nut it still took set with about 1" of reflex and I just couldn't take any more out of the limbs , it was shooting too nice and was at the perfect draw,  so I just left it

Offline lukelawrence171

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 03:54:42 pm »
and also thankyou all for the feedback!! The next bow ill do which I'm going to be starting soon, ill try and get the tiller perfect this time then maybe I will never even want to shoot one of those fancy fiberglass bows again :))  still being only 17 I have a lot to learn and plenty of time :)

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 06:33:40 pm »
Well done Luke, that's a great bow.

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 10:55:50 pm »
Luke, Pearldrums made a good point that the tiller may be perfect, depending on what the bow looks like when unbraced. I did jump to the conclusion that it would be about straight when unbraced.

I should have asked for an unbraced image. I'm one of the ones who used to advance the point Pearly presented.  :(
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 11:19:57 pm »
Good looking bow! It's always nice to see you younger fellows building bows.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:06 am »
Nice job, looks like a shooter to me. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Carson (CMB)

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 01:29:02 pm »
Nice work! Those stiff outer limb osage bows will send a heavy hunting arrow down range like nobody's business, and they draw smooth all the way back. Very nice work!
"The bow is the old first lyre,
the mono chord, the initial rune of fine art
The humanities grew out from archery as a flower from a seed
No sooner did the soft, sweet note of the bow-string charm the ear of genius than music was born, and from music came poetry and painting and..." Maurice Thompso

Offline lukelawrence171

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 10:44:08 pm »
Luke, Pearldrums made a good point that the tiller may be perfect, depending on what the bow looks like when unbraced. I did jump to the conclusion that it would be about straight when unbraced.

I should have asked for an unbraced image. I'm one of the ones who used to advance the point Pearly presented.  :(

No you were for the most part right the bow only has a slight amount of reflex in the upper limbs due to the natural curve of the stave, I had it pulling evenly and I was just scared to take any more off to even the tiller because I knew I would loose too much weight and not be able to hunt with it.

Thanks so much guys!! It really makes me want to keep making bows getting all this feedback I'm so excited to start the next one :))

Offline lukelawrence171

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 11:07:17 pm »
Oh and I totally forgot that you can comment pictures here these might help, I have been shooting this bow a lot and its holding shape a lot better than any others ive made before mainly due to the face that I normally tend to make bows with the limbs two rounded ans they never hold shape but this one is defiantly getting the job done