Author Topic: Seeking advise  (Read 1439 times)

Offline perry f.

Seeking advise
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:44:14 pm »
This evening while trying to induce some reflex to make one limb match the natural reflex of the other, I ran into some problems...... My bow cracked at the fade on the belly side. Can it be saved?? The crack is enhanced with ink pen to make it easier to see

Offline Stixnstones

Re: Seeking advise
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:36 pm »
Had that happen last year sometime. Open it up, carefully, i ran some gorilla super glue and lightly clamped it. Still shootin today.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

riverrat

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:51:12 pm »
i dont make bows with handles. if i did, i think id cut it off, flatten out that area so no crack exists and then glue on a handle. but dont take my word on this. im just thinking out loud. lots of folks on here make bows with handles built in. they are the ones to get advice from.im just interested in what others may say on this.Tony

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 08:56:49 pm »
Super glue and clamp.............. it will be OK
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:12:52 pm »
How much reflex were you trying to put into the fade area?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline perry f.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 02:04:39 pm »
Probably more than I should osage outlaw. I was just trying to make one limb match the natural contour of the other. In hindsight I probably should have took it out of the other limb and then introduced matching reflex further out the limb. Lesson learned.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 02:10:53 pm »
This is why lots of people try to chase a belly ring when cooking in recurves on Osage and other woods.  As others stated, flood it with thin super glue and clamp  and it shouldn't be a problem