Author Topic: Shipping internationally  (Read 2607 times)

Offline sapling bowyer

Shipping internationally
« on: February 18, 2016, 10:35:07 am »
I am not intended to trade right now but I was wondering does anybody trade ship internationally? I live in Turkey so i thought that it may be hard to find people that ship internationally. Who can? I want to note those names down for future trades.
Time is short

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Shipping internationally
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 03:08:09 pm »
I have in the past. it's not cheap, though.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »
You in the military?  I mailed to military bases in Iraq and Afghanistan before using USPO flat rate boxes.

Limbit

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:48:38 am »
It just depends on where you are shipping from and the time frame the other person would like it to arrive. I live in Taiwan and ship all the time from here. It is actually the same price as most shipping WITHIN America to ship to America. The other way around is CRAZY expensive. Takes about two weeks though. There are a lot of companies that act as individuals shipping mass amounts of packages and they are able to get discounts on shipping this way, which they pass onto you. In the States, I used IPS for international shipping of long or heavy materials like staves. They are the cheapest for big stuff. In Turkey.....you'll have to research.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 09:57:42 am »
I've sent many bows worldwide.  It used to be fairly simple and not that expensive, no more
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Limbit

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 07:20:00 am »
It is also good to note that a lot of countries no longer allow the shipment of arrows WITH arrow heads attached to the shaft. As in, you need to send the shaft and the head separately in many countries now. A good way to make international shipments cheaper is to start making takedown bows or short-style bows like horn bows or paddle bows. If you are trading, billets.  Anything under 150cm is easier and cheaper to ship through post offices. I shipped numerous billets to friends in the States or under 10USD through the post office.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 09:30:51 am »
The one thing you need to remember when shipping internationally is the declared value.  All countries will slap duties on parcels coming in and that duty can be pretty high as the value goes up even if the parcel is declared a gift
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com