Author Topic: Arrow shaft maker/time saver  (Read 11705 times)

Offline H Rhodes

Re: Arrow shaft maker/time saver
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2016, 07:06:18 am »
I like your set up Beadman.  My buddy Robbie who posts on here from time to time ripped up a bunch of stock from a spruce board the other day.  He gave me a dozen shafts that are mixed in my quiver now with some store bought 3Rivers port Orford 50/55 shafts.  They are all grouping together and shoot great.  His set up isn't quite as refined as yours but we are a work in progress!  It makes a cheapskate like me feel stupid for having dropped so much money on arrows through the years.  Thanks for posting this.  You have given me some ideas.
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2016, 08:55:36 am »
Your welcome.Arrows can be a pain to make and a certain type of mood sometimes is needed,but if done patiently and carefully it's worth it.I climbed a tree with no branches 15' yesterday to retrieve a couple of shafts....lol.Nice well crafted shafts are nice to have around.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline stickbender

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2016, 03:54:35 am »

Cool, idea.  What the hell kind of tree is that with those huge long thorns?  Make nice blow gun darts.

Wayne

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2016, 07:48:21 am »
That's our pestilent honey locust growing voluntarily around here.You get one of those thorns poked into ya and broke off or not it leaves a spore in you that will swell up bad.They are very sharp.They'll go right through a lacrosse rubber boot sole no problem.I cut rings around them 3/4" deep and spray tree killer in the crack to stop pod producing female trees from spreading more.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed