Author Topic: cane straightening  (Read 12066 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: cane straightening
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:57 pm »
Alcohol-burning stoves made from pop cans are quite robust. It was the only stove carried on my 4,200 mile x-country bicycle ride. Used at least once virtually every day

Fuel is readily available ..... the yellow-colored containers of HEET. NOT the red bottles!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 07:30:14 pm »
I can be wrong......guess I've seen too many beer cans melt in a camp fire.... :)
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 07:32:17 pm »
guess I've seen too many beer cans melt in a camp fire.... :)
DBar

no science, just experience    ;D  cheers!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 09:02:08 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 09:01:11 am »
Say have you ever tried a wide metal hot plate like the top of a big wood burner to roll and press them on with a couple of short 1" by 4"s'.Top of plate needs to get around 400 degrees at least.This is done after the nodes are sanded smooth.You can do more than one at a time too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline joachimM

• Good - better - broken
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 09:44:50 am »
Hill cane, switch cane and river cane are all native American bamboos in the Arundaneria genera.

You probably mean in the Arundinaria genus
Yep, nitpicker is my nick name   ::)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 01:29:43 pm »
Exactly!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC