Author Topic: Hawkeye Bowmen's 13th Annual Spring Thaw (The Primitive Shoot)  (Read 16683 times)

Offline Buffalogobbler

Re: Hawkeye Bowmen's 13th Annual Spring Thaw (The Primitive Shoot)
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2016, 08:41:23 am »
I just wanted to say thanks to Brian for running this shoot.
He and two Hawkeye members dreamed up this event 13 years ago , the others drifted away but Brian has been there every year. Whatever it takes, donating prizes,setting the courses, running the competitions or just sweeping up the club house after dinner Brian has done it all, and even with all of this on his plate he still keeps dreaming up new contests like the "Hawkeye Boss Gobbler Shoot".
I don't think there is another shoot like this in the country, it's a Hawkeye original and we owe it all to Brian,

Thanks Brian!!!
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline BrianS

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2016, 10:13:10 am »
Kevin, I have to disagree with you on owing it all to one person. We (Hawkeye Bowmen) are blessed with great members who take great pride in what we do. This Shoot just like our other Shoots takes a group effort to make it happen. The secret I believe is to make putting together a Shoot  fun and not make it a chore. With the right group of like minded enthusiastic folks it can be a lot of Fun! Another tip is to keep things simple and manageable or else you run the risk of it becoming a chore. Thanks again to all of the Folks who helped out with the Spring Thaw Shoot.
Brian

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2016, 11:47:35 am »
Your right Brian This shoot is blessed with dedicated and talented members who work hard and love what they do, without then it would surely be a lesser event.

But I think they would agree that without your dedication and leadership we might not have the "Spring Thaw" today.
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin

Offline Robnhood

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2016, 09:09:40 pm »
Kevin I agree we all owe Brian a huge Thank You for his dedication. I would also like to say that we have a great group of archers who I am proud to be a part of.
Rob