Author Topic: Forums  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Forums
« on: February 25, 2016, 10:27:10 am »
Well. I gotta say, sitting here waiting for it to warm up so I can go flintknap(procrastinating/feelin lazy) I decided to waste wifi and browse a bunch of hunting forums I used to get on. Went through about 4-5 different sites from predator hunting to trad bow hunting to hunting my state to hunting Texas and MAN! Every other site seems full of jerks. I'd read a topic that was interesting, something like backcountry sleeping bag choices and people would be getting so riled up and telling other people their sleeping bag choice made them incompetent hunters. Absolutely ridiculous. And the traditional archers seemed to have comments on any thread regarding compounds or crossbows or the pioneer air bow about how those guys are ruining the sport because they didn't shoot a traditional bow.

So I just wanna say thank you to all you primitive archers, bowyers, knappers, basket weavers, whatever it is you do that draws you here, for making this place so nice and peaceful to waste my frozen mornings browsing on. Now we just need everyone to start posting more topics so I can read em since it's only 11 degrees out still.

And thanks to whoever designed the layout for making it so uncluttered. I'd spend more time on another site about a planet of paleos that seems like good people too but the mobile version is jammed full of ads and you can hardly scroll through a page!

Maybe it's just that the people who still have a desire to connect with primitive ways of life are just a kinder and more understanding people. I dunno but I'd share a campfire with any of you. Unless your a lurker. Your already addicted if so and you need to just join and start showing off your projects and asking questions. This place is great  ;D
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Forums
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 01:23:44 pm »
Everyone today seems to be looking for a fight these days. Fortunately we have our own little oasis here on PA.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:11:14 pm »
When you log into paleoplanet the adds all go away.  Just an fyi.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:14:22 pm »
I'll try logging out and logging back in. I did the stay logged in thing a long loonnnggg time ago and it still has em. Maybe I was grandfathered into the ads!  :o haha
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »
Logged out, logged back in and no ads! Thanks!

Offline sleek

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 08:13:46 pm »
No worries, but dont abandon us over here!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:22 am »
Ya about as simple and peaceful forum as I have seen, we have our trouble from time to time but seems everyone forgives and forgets and moves on. Glad you enjoy it, I know I do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 09:08:44 am »
Still gotta deal with jerks like me on this site, but I try to stay civil most often.

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 09:09:28 am »
Everyone today seems to be looking for a fight these days. Fortunately we have our own little oasis here on PA.

What did you call me, Brennan?!?!?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 09:26:50 am »
 know I am but what are you?   :P
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Josh B

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 09:30:26 am »
 Pearlie, I think he called you a stick flingin', skin beatin' wood monger...what of it!?!?   >:D. Josh

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 09:50:23 am »
I can dig that :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »
I used to be a Mod on Paleo P when it first started. Then found PA when all of the fighting was going on and been here ever since once it got cleaned up, some. Then PP turned into a Calif. thing, trying to please everybody that got their feelings hurt or wanted a Thread for their "specialty" thing. It got to be a pain to navigate for me, but Tom and I are still friends and think it's cool how the site has grown since it first started.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 07:42:10 am »
On the flip side I think the Primitive Archer magazine is one of the finest and most informative archery related magazine out there today. The PA forum and  PA magazine walk hand in hand. Thanks to all that make the magazine and this forum an enjoyable one.

Offline Buffalogobbler

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:18 am »
I'll second that JEB!!!

Kevin
Beer is living proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy-Ben Franklin