Author Topic: Survivalists wanted  (Read 7366 times)

Offline bubby

Re: Survivalists wanted
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 12:19:19 pm »
Bare pocets is not fun, now if you have a fire kit with char cloth, tinder and some dry birchbark with a ferro rod or a lighter is a differant story. Scott I can admire you for having the b#!%s to do this, hope ya get in
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 08:59:40 pm »
I have decided I want to be the Prima Donna and have someone take care of me on the survival challenge..LOL

Bryan Irwin and I went to the woods today and we decided to start a bow drill fire with only natural material. I have seen Bryan start a fire in 15 seconds with "prepared home material". But today we used our shoe strings and what we could find. The shoe string quickly broke and ended up using para cord. I actually made my tools with a rhyolite flake to start with. We got 4-5 embers that smoked but quickly went out. Couldn't get an ember to hold a coal and start the fire. It's something that must be practiced and learned in the woods if you want to feel accomplished. I will continue learning..but until then I will be the Prima Donna.....:-)
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline sleek

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 09:42:51 pm »
Imagine how theatrical the "prima donna " gets to be to add drama and entertainment to the show. Oh man the fun to be had being that guy.

Of course, were I selected as the experience guy i would have fun with it. Soon as we are dropped off in nowhere I would look at the novice and say, " Ok, you know what you are doing right? " And of couse he would say no. Then I'd say, I thpight you were the guide!" Hehe.... See us standing rpund yellin for help before i let him know i was just kidding.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

JacksonCash

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 08:36:59 am »
Sleek, I'd watch that show for sure!

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 09:29:58 am »

Of course, were I selected as the experience guy i would have fun with it. Soon as we are dropped off in nowhere I would look at the novice and say, " Ok, you know what you are doing right? " And of couse he would say no. Then I'd say, I thpight you were the guide!" Hehe.... See us standing rpund yellin for help before i let him know i was just kidding.

Sick, twisted, I like it, lol.

Offline sleek

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 10:07:14 am »
Gald someone appreciates my sense of humor. Sorry about the typos. I have a small phone and fat fingers, and sometimes I am in a hurry.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 10:46:33 am »
If the Prima Donna was Christina Aquilera it may take longer than 30 days to get out...just saying
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:43:32 am by nclonghunter »
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 11:11:32 am »
I've done quite a few adventure trips but we always had tools and gear just not a lot of food. We always relied on catching fish as food. I love to go fishing but fishing really sucks when you're hungry. I would love to think that I could do this trip but my downfall would be having cameras all over me and having to get along with other people. Your company's true colors would show within the matter of a few days of being hungry and exhausted. Good luck to anyone signing up and whoever gets accepted

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
Just out of curiosity, are you guys able to share any details about this survival adventure?

Stringman

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »
Not much to know yet. If I find something out, I'll let ya know.

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 04:57:32 pm »
I would love the info. Done a lot in the past. A week or so at a time in the mountains. Water, fire , shelter, then food.
Always went 18th century Native American.
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12