Author Topic: PHOTOS: Altun Ha ruins - Mayan Eccentrics - Chert Run  (Read 17502 times)

AncientTech

Re: PHOTOS: Altun Ha ruins - Mayan Eccentrics - Chert Run
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
Super cool. Could not believe the size of those pieces once you put your hand in there for perspective. Truly nuts. Killer looking chert too.

^^ this.

at first i was like: "cool. wow, that's some tiny writing."

then i was like: "whoa!"

hah hah.

Yeah, the eccentrics are huge.  I would like to see the record size eccentric.  There must be one, somewhere...  Maybe I will dig it up, while looking for chert!

Offline Mounter

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 12:07:30 am »
That's awesome! I'm completely fascinated with the Mayan culture. So far I've visited tulum, chitchen Itza, the small ruins on Cozumel a few times and lamania ruins in Belize. The trip just to get there is an adventure. Thanks for the pics.!

AncientTech

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 09:23:22 am »
Did you miss Tulum??

I have lived with Mayan people.  They still speak the same language they were speaking a long time ago.  The oldest people speak the purist version.  Younger people seem to speak a more corrupted version, with Spanish interspersed.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 07:59:45 pm »
Amazing that chert is so awesome and the pictures are so interesting definitely a great one for favorite spots :)
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Mounter

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 11:41:15 pm »
Did you miss Tulum??

I have lived with Mayan people.  They still speak the same language they were speaking a long time ago.  The oldest people speak the purist version.  Younger people seem to speak a more corrupted version, with Spanish interspersed.
k
Tulum was the 1st. One we visited 12 or so years ago. I liked it better than chitzen Itza, way less touristy.  I imagine it looks  different now as they were doing a lot of reconstruction when we were there. The perimeter wall/fortress stood out as different than the other places I've been. That and the beautiful ocean view.

Our guides in Belize we're Mayan, but they speak my language. LOL
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:53:41 pm by Mounter »