Author Topic: Antlers  (Read 21323 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Antlers
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:34:39 pm »
  Hers the second pic. first tote is gun pic's. Other with ram horns is bow kills. Mosty self bow kills.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Antlers
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:35:50 pm »
  Sorry about that.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 04:15:40 am »
That cleared things up a bit. That is a lot of bone! You are an excellent hunter.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:27:59 am »
Nice bunch of horns, but I thought you only shot 3 or 4 year old Bucks, ???  them look like the stuff I kill, of course I ant a trophy hunter at all.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline nclonghunter

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 09:17:06 am »
Any of those antler bases up for trade?
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:03 am »
  Some of those bucks are from the 80's, 90's but even a lot of those smaller racks are 3 and 4 year old's. I also have a 10,12 skulls hanging in my shop from the 80's. Most are 1 and 2 year old's.

Not to say I didn't kill some 1 and 2 year olds growing up. I did a lot.

There's a couple of those gun and bow kills should have been mounted. For so reason or another I did'nt do it.

I also have 11 gun kill mounts in storage. All 4,5,6 year olds.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 08:10:48 am »
Your 3 and 5 year olds vary greatly from ours. Ours would allow 2-3 sets to fit in that container. We don't grow spindly 3 and 4 year olds. They are going to be 18-24" inside and score no less than 130" 98% of the time, and weigh no less than 180# dressed. Must be some rotten feed sourcing down there for 3 and 4 year olds to look like 18 month olds we grow in the frozen north.

I had boxes like you, but I gave them away years ago as I seen no need to stack them up and not use them. Some made a chandelier and others wrapped all around a boxed in pillar on a homemade bar. Looked pretty cool.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline sleek

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 11:17:45 am »
Jimminy Christmas! Yall must have some big deer out there Pearl! Where do you live again?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »
    A 130" here is NICE we have a few 150's but there few and far between. I've see 5
150's in my life here in EASTERN PANDLE OF WV.

Add 10 to that 5 I seen hunting in other states.

I have a 131" SHOT GUN a 133" rifle and a 138" ML. A 3 1/2 here use'lly 14,17 inside in the score teens to 120's.

Unfortintelly I live  in WV. If I liven in the mid west and I have no desire to vist much less live in the frozzen north. My hats off to you.

I FORCED TO HUNT WHAT I HAVE. And totally enjoy self bow hunting farm land bucks.
   IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 07:32:16 pm »
 I made my ghillie in 82. Out of old dip net, coat (inch mess) with a hood and below the knees. REASON weight. My cousins bought the ones made of burlap and heavy when wet.

Mine weight 2 1/2,3 pounds. RAPS UP IN A CAMO 1/2 PANTS LEG. Fits right on my pack. I never go hunting with out it. Except rifle then he dead at 500 or under

I got 4 kinds of  netting camo cut in strips. Added jute and I have to add to every year or so. I bow shot 40 bucks unteen doe's 39 gobblers with a shot gun. 15 gobblers with a selfbow. Dozzen plus to friends and kids.  Another 32 gobblers to guiding hunters. I've used that ghillie way to many times to say.

I don't have a problem shooting with a ghillie mosty 95% setting on a milk create.

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 10:43:47 pm »
Nattie light I would guess

Yeah I would second that pearl drums, certainly here in Iowa but southern IL as well; 3 1/2 year old is going to have some mass and rarely below 130.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 08:44:42 am »
Jimminy Christmas! Yall must have some big deer out there Pearl! Where do you live again?

Actually we don't man, Michigan. Those numbers are very typical around the central, midwest and northern parts of the country, with some variance deep down south. The biggest reason my numbers stand out is because most people have no clue how to age a deer, dead or alive. And, they want so badly to tell everybody they shot a ton of mature deer when really they shot a bunch of 1 1/2 yr olds with a few 2 1/2 yr olds sprinkled in for good measure.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 11:29:10 pm »
  That's right on PEARL, it's easy to talk the talk. It's late in the year you've gotten up for unteen mornings in a rows well as many evening walking home in the cold dark. It's cold or suckie weather that 2 1/2 year old 8 point walks past him.

Alot of people talk the talk but when it comes to walking the walk a dozzen reasons pop into head to kill him. You won't here one to let him walk. Unless your premitted to your mangement program.

Offline 89JeepYJ

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 12:53:35 am »
Look at all those flint knapping tools.

Offline sleek

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 11:54:43 am »
I am a meat in the freezer first guy. I dont care what walks in front of me, but whatever it is, if my arrow will reach its on its way. After I have meat in the freezer, then I get picky. Not until. I am out there for food.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others