Author Topic: Homemade target for obsidian tips  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Homemade target for obsidian tips
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:10:17 pm »
Pretty easy build with what my old man had out in his material shop(Contractor). Used 2" blue foam that I cut out with a jig saw after tracing the concrete tube on the sheet. I think it's 6 pieces of 2" foam. Foam really wasn't moving anywhere after my perfect force them to fit cuts but I taped the back anyways. Free hand kill zone may be a bit off but whatever, it helps visualize. Arrows are stuck pretty good but slide out smooth once you get em going. Was doing pretty good but put one low and broke the tip and the pine pitch broke free. Was amazed it didn't just blow up!

I should mention that the arrows don't get too far in. 2-3 sheets probably would've worked.
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Homemade target for obsidian tips
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 01:48:08 pm »
I used foam sheets too. I just use 2" foam sheet. I made stand from 4 short 2x4"s made them into 2 upside down T's nailed foam sheet to them on each edge with foam nails. Worked great but have too keep replacing kill zone. With removable fore shafts I could just remove instead of pulling point back through target
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise