Author Topic: Workshop update.  (Read 5578 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Workshop update.
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 12:48:54 pm »
Ha!  Sometimes the coldest time of year down here is July when it's about 92degrees and 90% humidity and you go into air conditioning.  Brrrr!
1’—>1’

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 12:51:53 pm »
Sometimes they overdo the AC. I remember walking into a bar wanting an ice cold beer and by the time I got served I was thinking hot rum :D

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
Marc, where Steve lives there is only one season, Summer.

Cripes, where's the fun in that
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bow101

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2016, 10:34:44 pm »
Marc, where Steve lives there is only one season, Summer.

Cripes, where's the fun in that

Yep life is tough.  In my parts when it gets to warm I cannot work in the garage even with the big door open. It literally gets like a sauna.
I dont care I have lots of bows to shoot and other stuff to do.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2016, 11:13:03 pm »
Sometimes they overdo the AC. I remember walking into a bar wanting an ice cold beer and by the time I got served I was thinking hot rum :D

DC, you should walk into the bunk room of a fire dept. in Fla.  You can hang meat in there!

Wayne

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2016, 10:26:37 am »

I always thought that the two seasons in those latitudes are hot and humid or hot and raining... ?
 ;)

In all seriousness though, we get the worst of both in Jacksonville, we're mostly between the St Johns river and the ocean, so in summer it's hot and wet, in winter it's cold and wet. I had a friend down from Canada, she'd been down before but never in winter, we stepped outside one morning and she said "Wow it's cold out here, what is it, like 14deg? (and yes she meant Fahrenheit)", I laughed and said "No, it's only 38deg". That's how cold it gets when it's constantly 189% humidity, lol.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2016, 12:43:37 pm »

I always thought that the two seasons in those latitudes are hot and humid or hot and raining... ?
 ;)

In all seriousness though, we get the worst of both in Jacksonville, we're mostly between the St Johns river and the ocean, so in summer it's hot and wet, in winter it's cold and wet. I had a friend down from Canada, she'd been down before but never in winter, we stepped outside one morning and she said "Wow it's cold out here, what is it, like 14deg? (and yes she meant Fahrenheit)", I laughed and said "No, it's only 38deg". That's how cold it gets when it's constantly 189% humidity, lol.

That's no joke.  Jacksonville is a place of extremes. 
1’—>1’

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »
You're not kidding about Jax's or lake City.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 03:23:02 am »

Parnell, I would definitely insulate it, as you are in a metal box, which is an oven basically.  Nice job.

Wayne