Author Topic: Swiveling vise to hold arrow shaft  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Swiveling vise to hold arrow shaft
« on: April 11, 2016, 12:36:56 am »
Any of ya have recommend re vise to hold arrow shaft vertically when cutting/shaping self nocks?
Similar to this . . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KutvmgReLyo
Seems would be perfect way to hold shaft securely and at proper orientation.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Tracker0721

Re: Swiveling vise to hold arrow shaft
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 02:17:00 am »
I use a squeeze clamp like the blue Irwin clamps from Wally World and clamp them to the work bench(bench has a 2x4 running the length) so it works pretty well and is super cheap!
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 07:47:44 am »
freehand cut a single bandsaw cut then open that up by hand.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:34:59 pm »
Why can't you use an ordinary vice like this?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:11:59 pm »
Good question. Vise you pictured is in the garage/workshop. Do arrow-making in "craft center" in basement, and currently have no vise down there.
So, since need to get vise for craft center, might as well get one that can be oriented in various ways.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:29:24 pm »
Spend the money and buy a good one. I've seem so many swivelling vices that are just crap. Inside of a few months and they wobble like a button on a whatever ;)