Author Topic: Question for the old guys  (Read 8914 times)

Offline TimBo

Re: Question for the old guys
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:53 pm »
Hey, that's great that the ugly foam thing helps! 

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 12:40:17 am »
Now my problem is fixing the ugly foam thing ;D ;D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 02:29:32 am »
     DC, sorry the remedy isn't for you, but I think you can get just the resveratrol in health food stores.  The lady that had it real bad, told her Dr. about the gin and raisins, and he said yeah a lot of people have used that.  She said, well why didn't you tell me about it?!  He just said, well it doesn't work for everyone.  He could have at least told her.  Well see if you can find just the resveratrol  or resveratol, however it is spelled.
Good luck with that, and I am glad that the corn pad worked. 
                                    Wayne
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 02:20:00 am by stickbender »

Offline stickbender

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 02:32:33 am »
Now my problem is fixing the ugly foam thing ;D ;D

Just put another piece of foam, or something in the hole, and color it, and draw a ring on the corn pad, and make it look like a target, and call it a good luck charm. ;)
                                    Wayne

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 09:26:28 am »
   Those are all find things to do if it's a finger ,thumb. But there comes a time and you look back and see how much of a joke it was.

Because when it gets server nothing helps it.

FRED I
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 11:33:20 pm »
Maybe you could hide the padding in a glove. Then you bow would still be beautiful, and no pain! Inflamation is such a problem, causing major issues, like arthritis. Much of the inflamation can be reversed with diet change. I had terrible knees for years. No one could fix them, doc, massage, physio. Started eating paleo(been primitive a while!) and within two weeks my knee pain was GONE! I cycle commuted through the pain for ever, worked in crawlspaces on the daily, and climbing ladders. It all hurt and I accepted it. Until I made the change. I am not nearly as strict now and my knees are still as I would expect as someone who isn't in their 40's yet, pain free and bendy! Oh I also gave up booze over 5 years ago. I think that is also a great decision to help rid inflamation. Hope that helps:)
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline DC

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 11:51:07 pm »
I'm looking for a nice glove to try that with. I'm going to go to Value Village and see what I can find. Maybe I can bring your clamp back ;D

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 01:30:22 am »
  My RA really started about 3,4 years ago It has tripled it the last 6 months.

I've been dibetic for 30 years so the last 10 years I slowed way down drinking.  I do a couple few shots maybe once or twice every few months. I'VE BEEN A SHIN DRINKER MY WHOLE LIFE.

I've had liver promlems a few years back now antiflamation drugs are off limits. But the joint pains gets so bad I've got to take a couple every couple a 3 days.

Predator hate to say it sounds about just how I started out couple years back.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 10:05:07 am »
Hey Crooketarrow, my suggestion would be to research ways to get inflammation out of your body through herbal remedies and food choices. The things conventional medicines don't talk about. I am sorry you have to go through this. I have a close family friend who is dealing with RA. It is a horrible disease:(

I was wondering why I seemed so short on clamps! I forgot until just know you had it Don lol! That yew stick is coming along, slowly but surely:)
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline DC

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
Darn, my big mouth, I would have been up one good clamp >:D >:D

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 04:33:39 pm »
Haha! I was thinking the same thing!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »
Laugh if you will but this solved the problem ;D  What did primitive people use for corns?

I will refrain from any "corny" jokes or other ways of putting my foot in my mouth...
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2016, 09:50:27 pm »
Google Cherry juice for Arthritis. I've used it for gout, basicly the same thing.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline paoliguy

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 12:30:47 pm »
I agree on the cherry juice, It's made a difference in my joint pain.

Offline bow101

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 12:01:11 am »
Anyone deal with arthritis in you hands? Mines not serious at all compared to some but it's an annoyance when I'm shooting and I don't need annoyances. I've got inflammation in the joint of my thumb right where the bow sits. As much as I dislike the look of pistol grip I'm thinking it would take the pressure of my thumb. Has anyone tried this? How would you go about retro fitting a pistol grip--cork?

By the way Remind me later,  I'll mention that pistol grip style,  my freaking wrist is killing me... >:D >:D >:D
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell