Author Topic: Pasties  (Read 9627 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Pasties
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 01:48:31 pm »

We have them here also, miners food.  Do the Trolls have them too? ::) ::)

Wayne

You betcha, them fudge-suckers* from down below da bridge know good food when they see it!

"Meat, potatoes, rutabagas and lard" and soon you will be "fart'in like a tuba at the back of the band" Jeff Daniels - E. in da Moonlight.
This is literally the best bad movie in history!**  There were plenty of Cornish hard rock miners that came to the Northern Black Hills during the gold rush that pasties are a local legend here as well.  However, when they figured so greatly in the movie, Escanaba In Da Moonlight, they instantly became one of my favorite meals. 

*This is not as dirty or as crude as it sounds. Tourists driving back south on the Mackinaw bridge often are carrying one or more packages of U.P. fudge.  Apparently it is a major export.
** "One potato, two potato, three potato, four..." Laughed until I puked!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
That's the truth JW, unless you come from a family like mine. You just make the fudge yourself. It's crazy how people can make a living up there just selling fudge. Anyway, there's 10 pasties in freezer waiting to make a trip to the black hills. That's all I could save from the pastie predators I call kids.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 04:53:31 pm »
That's the truth JW, unless you come from a family like mine. You just make the fudge yourself. It's crazy how people can make a living up there just selling fudge. Anyway, there's 10 pasties in freezer waiting to make a trip to the black hills. That's all I could save from the pastie predators I call kids.

Tattoo Dave

That's good, "because I am nothing if not a man of habit".
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

JacksonCash

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 02:56:29 pm »
One of the ladies that worked in my school caffeteria growing up made amazing pasties. A number of restaraunts in the area would have her come in once a month to do up a big batch. I get pasties at the store every now and again, but they just don't compare.
Pearly, I've never had one with butter, but you can bet I'm going to try it.

Offline Mounter

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 12:34:41 pm »
ground venison, cabbage and onion.... The wife likes using soy sauce, I like hot sauce and the kids like them plain... Good stuff!