Author Topic: Bowhunting in British Colombia  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Colindemo

Bowhunting in British Colombia
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:12:59 am »
In about two weeks i'll be making a visit to Canada to tour around British Colombia. I was wondering whether it is legal for me, as a tourist, to go hunting for small game/fowl, and which certifications i would need to do so. Looking around the internet I mainly find information about hunting with a firearm and the sparce information I find about bowhunting focusses on guided big game hunting trips.

Anyone from BC here who can point me in the right direction to gain some information about this issue?
Made and bred in Holland, please return if found

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Bowhunting in British Colombia
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 11:43:57 am »
I think you being from somewhere besides Canada you will need a local guide.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 12:38:43 pm »
It's been a long time since I hunted but I'm pretty sure that in the spring/summer there is pretty much no hunting. I can't help as far as what hoops visitors have to jump through.

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:03:35 pm »
As far as I know, there is no hunting in southern BC spring/summer. I've heard of hunting going on northern BC, but you'd need to pay some big bucks to go with a guide. 
Plus, northern BC is a far drive. BC is 3x the size of Texas

Offline Stoker

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:54:17 am »
Turkey maybe But you will need a guide$$$$ Take your bow lotsa 3D shoots... If your close Go to Duncan shoot the hell hole... Bring a bunch of arras
Thanks leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 12:04:23 pm »
I was talking to a guide from northern BC and he mentioned Black Bear and wolf are open until June something. But you need a guide which means bring money. If you need a guide I doubt you could get one on such short notice.

Offline Blayne

• Top Predator Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 09:31:53 am »
I think the only critters you could hunt legally are the Class "C" animals, ones considered invasive. The BC Hunting Synopsis is available as a PDF online for free, might be worth downloading and reading. When in doubt, ask at an outdoor shop. It would be the pits to get caught. It isn't worth a grouse dinner to lose potentially so much!
"A society grows great when old men plant trees under who shade they will never sit" Greek Proverb

Offline jayman448

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 09:14:21 pm »
bear and rabbit is open right now in my area. you need no certifications for using bows but the draw weights must meet certain requirements. obviously must have tags and such. i dont know anything else besides that.