Author Topic: Heading out for the weekend  (Read 983 times)

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
Heading out for the weekend
« on: May 13, 2016, 12:48:03 pm »
    Hey all... I`ve been invited to bring my camp out to a place called Wildwinds Buffalo Preserve for the weekend... Anyone wanna come over for a yak fest? Maybe do a little flaking or chipping with me?  I`m normally the only knapper there except for the guys who knap for their shootin sticks.  The event runs from today thru next Sunday {22nd}, but I still have to make a living at the shops so I`m just doing the weekends...  Info can be found on google {Wildwinds Buffalo Preserve} or on  F/B... I had a link to them but it hasn`t been updated in forever...
    You can take a tour out on the rolling prairie the pastures, riding among the herd close enough to touch the big shaggy cows, tho it`s not really recommended...grab a bison burger up in the snack shop or come on down to the island & visit with the re-enactors in the 1830 time period...
    Take the I-69 south exit from the toll road  following the IN 120 signs then just head east on 120 to Fremont, there`s a sign past "the" stop light, they only have the 1... North Ray road takes ya to the preserve.....   
    I know there aren`t a lot of knappers close by but if you get a chance for a little road trip it`d be nice to meet anyone who can make it out for a visit.   I`ll be offline since there`s no computers on the island, phone`ll be shut off, no TV, radio or traffic to listen to but you can hear the bison in the fields & maybe have the `yotes sing round dusk...
  There are worse ways to spend a weekend, I`m ready, care to stop by?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:38:44 pm by Lobo69ss »
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.