Author Topic: Micro Wave, oh my!  (Read 13642 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Micro Wave, oh my!
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2016, 09:26:50 pm »
Heard Bruce Jenner is the first Donor, you can be first in line.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2016, 04:20:16 am »
I want to see a fight off between a microwave oven and a bandsaw... we'd soon see which was more dangerous >:D
Del
A thousand Quatloos on the Bandsaw!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gamesters_of_Triskelion
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2016, 09:56:27 am »
I didnt said that the food is becomming radioactive. Its aboute the nutrients in the food that are being damaged, and you practicly eat nothing in the end. On the webpage of WHA, sayis there very clear, that the leackeage can be dangerouse. Aniway, i was just trying to raise awareness, that it might still be dangerouse.

"Some nutrients break down when they’re exposed to heat, whether it is from a microwave or a regular oven. Vitamin C is perhaps the clearest example. But because microwave cooking times are shorter, cooking with a microwave does a better job of preserving vitamin C and other nutrients that break down when heated."

Additionally: "The cooking method that best retains nutrients is one that cooks quickly, heats food for the shortest amount of time, and uses as little liquid as possible. Microwaving meets those criteria. Using the microwave with a small amount of water essentially steams food from the inside out. That keeps more vitamins and minerals than almost any other cooking method."

Taken from : http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/microwave-cooking-and-nutrition
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »
For those that are skeptical of the "dangers." If you use wet rags to seal the holes you will not get any leakage, to the best of my knowledge. The rag will be warm to hot on the inside of the oven, but cold on the outside. I tend to believe that the water molecules are not being agitated on the outside, and the "rays" are therefore trapped. I am no scientist, just opinion.  :)
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »
An easy way to tell is stuff the rags, and wrap the outside with tin foil. I'm guessing if there is leakage then there will be some fireworks, also. But, anyway, After my meat meltdown with Alpha-Gal I was run through a battery of test and the Doc's said I was in pretty good shape for an old fart and I've been using the micro wave for a long time with the rags stuffed in the hole like Brian does. I've still got to align the tips so, rock on.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2016, 01:33:49 pm »
i have heard that if you put a cell phone in the micro oven and call it, it shouldn't have a connection if there is no leaks, if I remember correctly. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »
i have heard that if you put a cell phone in the micro oven and call it, it shouldn't have a connection if there is no leaks, if I remember correctly. Ed

yup. that's the method I use to order my pizzas too  :D :D :D

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2016, 02:21:48 pm »
Got it, going to put my cell phone in the microwave and check it.   Do I use the baked potato setting with my phone also?

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2016, 05:54:07 pm »
Got it, going to put my cell phone in the microwave and check it.   Do I use the baked potato setting with my phone also?
LOL, I think you want to use the popcorn setting.  >:D ;D
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline le0n

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2016, 06:47:41 pm »

going to try this immediately. i'll report back.

edit: AT&T 4G-LTE signal went from 4 bars (out of 5) to 2 bars.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:51:42 pm by le0n »

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »
I, I, I, I, love it, it it.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2016, 12:37:27 am »
ok,, Ive held back as long as I could,,, just to let everyone know,,mullet has been pulling your leg,, several yaers ago before he got a microwave,, eddie was my dad,, I know ,Iknow,, how can this be,, sometimes I ask myself the same ?s.... anyway,  i have pics of our family, my dad (eddie) was near 8 ft tall.. but he used to get up late at night and sneek around the kitchen cookin  staves,, sacrificing the love of our family... now just look at him.. theirs no family resemblance at all..  be safe you guys,, plug those holes,, and dont look at the sparklys inside,,, just trying to save you guys some heartaches..... oh yea,, I had to wear my Im not eddie parker shirt at the classic this year :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2016, 07:09:31 am »
Always wondered what happened to Eddie, Thanks James for filling me in. ;) :)  As for Microwave cooking and leaving nothing, I eat from it all the time and my figure says their must be something left. ;) :) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:58 am »
Vinemaplebows is correct. Microwave ovens are tuned to the right frequency for water, so a wet rag would stop any of the radio waves in it's tracks, that's how they work, they transfer all of their energy into the water, the water heats up from all the energy input and the water cooks your food.

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2016, 12:02:01 pm »
Vinemaplebows is correct. Microwave ovens are tuned to the right frequency for water, so a wet rag would stop any of the radio waves in it's tracks, that's how they work, they transfer all of their energy into the water, the water heats up from all the energy input and the water cooks your food.

That is the reason if you put nothing in the oven it does not heat......no water, no heat.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.