Author Topic: knife  (Read 3406 times)

Offline crooketarrow

knife
« on: May 28, 2016, 01:33:02 am »
  Here's a knife I finished the other day. Traded for some rock. I raped it with some gut materal I got from 3 rivers a while back. I've never used it. I won't again. Way to bulky for me I want to rerap it with sinew up he did'nt want to wait.

It was another old started knife a long time ago. I did'nt even remember until I saw them. Sharpen on top and bottom. Looks like it was a texas chert,cut slap for points. wasn't very big.

I could easy skin a deer with it. And have twice with knaped knive's before.

The first pic is when I found it.  Second is finshed and third is finished. The last pic is  looking on it's 1/4, 3/8's thick.

The handles deer antler. I carved it to finger holds at the bottom. Selled with bear gresse, best think I ever used on antler. All way's looks fresh.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
Re: knife
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:29:43 am »
Nice looking knife... I make some that look like that, a little thickness gives strength to it so that if the blade gets twisted in use it won`t snap as quick as a real thin blade will & allows it to be resharpened a few times before it`s used up right?
   Good working knife.
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 02:52:35 pm »
  Thanks
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Redhand

• Marlen Murdock PM109458
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 03:42:19 pm »
Nice knife. I like the antler handle also
Northern Ute