Author Topic: Elm Hall elm bows - who's building?  (Read 20484 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Elm Hall elm bows - who's building?
« on: June 06, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »
Hey fellas,

Please send me a PM if you plan on building a bow for the raffle from the elm we cut during last years event. I want to get a close enough count so I can make a few decisions for the raffle process.

Thanks!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Elm Hall elm bows - who's building?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 04:59:30 pm »
Not sure yet, mine has went all wonkey , not sure if it is going to work out. I will know when I get in the mood to work on it again, it has flush strayed me pretty good. Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 08:41:37 pm »
I got a kids bow done. Approximately 15@ 18. Working on a quiver and some arrows to make it a complete setup. My piece of wood was questionable also so I took the high road and made a kids bow

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:05 pm »
I think that's is what it's all about Paul....making something with what you have......
I'd be proud if one of my grand kids had that bow setup......
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »
I have one ready Chris.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 03:53:37 am »
I plan on cutting mine down a bit and go for a 50@26 or so and see if I can make it work. It was a very narrow piece and had a few issues so had to make it narrower than I wanted and it is just not very stable as it is now. I will see if I can get it worked out, if not I will donate something, probably Osage. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 07:24:26 am »
Mine is the same way Pappy. I cut a small pole so by the time I make some shoulders I will be near 1 5/8" wide. I'm shooting for something around 40-45 @ 28. That way it fits a bunch of shooters. Looking like it'll be around 63-64 ntn.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:26:08 am »
I have one ready Chris.

I knew you would my friend. Id love to have no less than five bows on the raffle table. I think that should be easy enough between all of us.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 08:11:41 am »
Dang fellas, we sure cut a lot of elm off club grounds to have so few responses. I hope the wood is used to the clubs benefit and not for our personal uses. At least one bow worth anyhow.

As of now I have Greg for one, Pauly for one and a possible second (imagine that), and me for one. I believe at least 8 or 10 of us cut wood last year.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 08:32:04 am »
Matt's is in my hot box and looks like it is ready to tiller, he plans on working on it when he comes down to the IBO World in July and take it home then. I cut mine down to 61 last evening and put on some overlays on it, I will see how it goes, although I wasn't in on the cutting I did get a piece so I will see if I can get a worthy bow from it, if not sorry, it was a small piece. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 09:02:18 am »
I feel like its my responsibility to see this through considering I started it and asked the club for permission to cut a few trees. My "name" is all over it and I tend to be proud of things with my name on them.

JacksonCash

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 09:40:01 am »
I'd talked to nakedfeet at Marshall, and I want to say he was working on one, but don't hold me to that.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:41:46 am »
I think you're right J-Syn.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 09:48:27 am »
I understand that Pearl. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 01:23:17 pm »
I'm in Drums...