Author Topic: Elm Hall elm bows - who's building?  (Read 20432 times)

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
Re: Elm Hall elm bows - who's building?
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:05 am »
I might, maybe, have one done before I get down there. Nothin' fancy, but hopefully a shooter. If I get the chance to come down Thursday night I might be able to finish it up down there. Once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator.

Pearl, (because I'm too busy/lazy at the moment to look through the rest of the thread) what are the details about how the giveaway/raffling will go? Is it going to be a Saturday thing?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2016, 10:21:55 am »
Tony I plan to have all the bows laid out on tables with a coffee can next to each. Put a ticket(s) in the can of the bow(s) you prefer. The bowyer will draw one winner from each can after Saturdays dinner. I haven't settled on cost per ticket. It will be affordable for all to buy, that's for sure. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2016, 01:23:18 pm »
Hey fellas, hate to say it, but I dont think Im going to be able to make it there this year. I just have way too much going on right now as well as another trip two weeks later and I have to really pick and choose my vacation days. Sorry Y'all, wish I could have made this one. :-[
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »
Gonna miss you, Cody.  We understand though.  Unfortunately, work does come first sometimes.  Take care and say Hi to the kinfolk.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2016, 05:27:13 pm »
Bummer Cody. I'm glad I got to run into you at Marshall this spring. Get that chore list cut down, wouldya'?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2016, 05:24:20 pm »
I have a couple of late breaking developments to report.
 The first bow I made and labeled as 47.5# is actually only 32# @ 26 so I guess we have another lighter draw for a lady, teen or man who likes a lower draw weight. Not sure how that happened but I strung it up today after it sitting around for months and noticed it didn't feel as heavy as I had it labeled. :o   a mystery to me but I put it in the scale and 32# it is.
 I finished another one though from the other half of the same elm tree and it came in at 40# @ 26" so I'll have two bows for the raffle table.
 Leaving in the morning, see you folks soon.

Will miss seeing you there Cody, we'll have to get together soon at home.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline nakedfeet

• AJD Archery & Outdoors
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:41 pm »
I almost forgot to get some shots of mine before I put it up on the table, but I was able to quickly snap a few.

About as simple as they come, but that's the way I do 'em.

Ended up about 68" nock-to-nock and 35#@28", holding a touch of mild reflex still, mostly at the tips. About 4 inches taller than the sweet old lady that's going to be shooting it, who was super excited about it. Wish I could have taken more time on it, but knowing she's happy with it is all I need to know. Only the third bow of mine to make it into someone else's hands. I hope she really enjoys it.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2016, 08:42:29 pm »
That's was a very good looking bow.............
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2016, 07:55:54 am »
We sold 349 tickets. Thanks for the hard work guys, the club benefited nicely.

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2016, 10:16:31 am »
Tony,i know i told ya but that bow is sweet.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Otis

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2016, 04:44:56 pm »
All of the bowyers and others that donated items did a great job.  I wasn't lucky enough to win anything but, there were some excited people there for sure. Hope you guys make this an annual tradition.  It was neat.

David

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2016, 12:01:20 pm »
God willing, it will happen every year David. Pauly, me and Mike all cut some for next year. My chunk is peeled and relaxing in the shop until next June.

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2016, 01:13:15 pm »
I didn't cut any.  Luckily, I have a piece or two left in my shop from last year.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2016, 01:20:43 pm »
I think you might have a chunk in pappys hot box, Matt? ;)