Author Topic: Here's the link to bryce's fundraiser  (Read 6302 times)

Offline bubby

Re: Here's the link to bryce's fundraiser
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 08:28:25 pm »
Done.

What are the rest of you waiting for?

Yup if you can donate why not?
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 07:21:26 am »
How do you contribute if your not on facebook? I can't seem to get anywhere when I go to the posted link. I have an outdated computer and a lack of skills.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »
Closed out the auction last nite at midnight for the red oak bow and arrow set.  I had stalled out at a bid of $450, so I offered another incentive.  I offered that if a bidder would give $500, I would build a custom osage for them, plus the incentives I had added at other milestone amounts.

As of midnight, no new bids.  But when I spoke with the winning bidder this morning, he asked if he could get the custom job if he paid the extra.  Well, you know I wasn't gonna turn that down!  So now I gotta crank out a nice osage bow for the guy that has never shot a bow in his life and wouldn't know Bryce if he saw him on the street.  I have known the guy for years and we do not see eye to eye on much.  Why this resonated with him, I cannot fathom, why he is willing to put out some serious cash to help a total stranger (or frankly, for all he knows, I am running a scam)...flabbergasted is the word that comes to mind.  I am just plain flabbergasted. 

But my faith in humanity is renewed a little.  Seeing the names of so many people from here on Bryce's fundraiser page and the side projects that are going on, what with staves and bows being auctioned, what can I say?  I am proud to know you people. So very, very proud. 

Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 08:15:46 pm »
Here ya go, Mr. Bent.

https://pages.giveforward.com/medical/page-c5s9ng4/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share&utm_campaign=gf-um-share&ref=um_share

I think if you click on one of the "Give Now" buttons it should work without using Facebook.

Online Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 02:02:22 am »
Well done JW good work.
Like you said this must have just stuck a chord with this guy, and that's all for the good... maybe he'll get the bug like the rest of us.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 10:01:59 pm »
Thanks for the info J.W., I got it done last week with some computer assistance from my wife.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 10:07:02 pm »
Well done JW good work.
Like you said this must have just stuck a chord with this guy, and that's all for the good... maybe he'll get the bug like the rest of us.
Del

Oh Lord NO!  He's a lawyer!

Offline Parnell

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »
Thumbs up, Bryce!
1’—>1’