Author Topic: Measuring Arrow Spine  (Read 2428 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Measuring Arrow Spine
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:46:05 pm »
I made an arrow spine tester similar to Bill's. Its still not complete right now I'm using our shop magnetic mount micrometer. I know things like length of arrow, tip weight etc. will change spine but to figure my shafts spine I was looking for chart and found this math formula is this correct. 26" between post so 26" divided by deflection from 2lb. weight equals lbs. of arrow shaft spine     Example    26/ .5" = 52 lb. spine. If this formula is correct I really don't need chart.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Aaron H

Re: Measuring Arrow Spine
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
Looks like that formula checks out to me bj, according to the chart I have anyways

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:54:34 pm »
Do a Google search on "amo spine chart"

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »
Do a Google search for "James Hill Spine Tester". There should a spine chart there.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 08:04:34 pm »
Thanks guys. I red Oiser shaft check out at 62 lbs. I made arrow 31" long with 125 grain field point bare shafted it and it flew nice and straight. Seemed a little heavy forward and over all wieght about 3 grams higher than my others so I filed off 3 grams from front 1/3 of shaft. I'll have to bare shaft it again but I'm thinking it should be pretty good. I'll see tomorrow, I suppose it could be a little higher spine now with removing wieght from front
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise