Author Topic: BREAKIN GLASS...  (Read 13508 times)

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
Re: BREAKIN GLASS...
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:40 pm »
Humps! Start at the ends and work towards the middle. Cut fingers, antibiotics and a sharp needle and thread!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

avraham

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2008, 10:21:56 pm »
_ here

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2008, 11:31:44 pm »
 Wayne, Remember what Claude was showing me? Oblique, set up a good platform and drive it into the Hump at an angle, not straight at it. If you hit straight at the hump, you will hinge because the angle is too deep and will dead end , or you will just take material off the sides and make the "turtleback" steeper.  Set up a good platform.And grind, grind, when in doubt, grind. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

avraham

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2008, 01:32:35 am »
your talking about the 135 degree cone arn't you?  Do you tilt the piece or the tool?  I read in another thread to tilt the piece so it does the work for you.  I have not done either one, I am still at the concept stage.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2008, 02:00:39 am »

I need to get back and sit with claude for awhile.  I tried to absorb as much as I could.  I have had some luck with the small practice pieces, but I still can't seem to be consistent with it.  Anywho, I will keep at it.  Thanks, Eddie, and others.

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2008, 09:12:27 pm »
  Drive the flake across the hump at an angle.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Michael C.

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2009, 01:26:07 am »
Yeah those are nice, my uncle used to make them from old whiskey bottle bottoms and a screw driver like that. I never could understand how he did it, but I was a 8-9 and more interested in climbing the mountains back then. Would like to go back now and watch him do it again.
"Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it."

Cicero