Author Topic: buckskin and Wool  (Read 11255 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Re: buckskin and Wool
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 11:39:15 pm »
Well personally I prefer to hunt in woods sometime open areas ,as far as clothing cotton untill later season when temps drop then wool do have buckskin shirt real coonskin cap ,I wear talk about looks from modern bow hunters
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline uwe

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 04:58:55 pm »
Depends on the weather as kajakfisher said.

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:06 am »
 when in the high country I wear my skins .. if the weather gets cold I wear wool underneath and a heavy wool coat over the skins.. if it is raining i wear my oilskin duster over the top.... have spent a lot of cold lonely nights sitting under a tree waiting for daylight so i could get a shot at the elk who were feeding nearby... on those nights I sometimes wish i had the new modern polar fleece clothing and a sleeping bag.. but I always revert back to the primitive stuff...... I am  tough.. spelled DUMB ..tough... lol  Mike...A/ho   
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 12:11:16 am »
do you guys have any pictures of  your clothes? i love pictures.oilskin duster whats that? ??? :) never heard of it. and yeah depends on weather as for anyone. i wear wool a lot too in cold with a bucksin shirt or flannel underneath a capote. or bluejeans when hot or warm and wool when cold and hope to have buckskin pants here soon.
Modern Day Tramp

bushytail

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 11:19:47 pm »
buckskin sounds pretty cool on fall days. ;) Then maybe add wool if it gets to cold.